Author Topic: Rhodes serial numbers  (Read 2964 times)

Offline paulmulligan

• Sparkletop
    • View Profile
Rhodes serial numbers
« on: December 14, 2008, 06:19:46 PM »
Dear readers I was wondering if anyone would support the idea of setting up a rhodes register where buyers of second hand rhodes pianos could register the date of their purchase and register the serial numbers of pianos speakers etc.and the names of buyers and sellers with contact information

Offline sean

• Mark I
    • View Profile
...cue: sound of crickets...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 09:49:55 PM »
Uh, uhm...  You go first.

Offline bjammerz

• MIDI Mark V
    • View Profile
Rhodes serial numbers
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2008, 01:52:56 PM »
Sounds like a nice idea, however there could be anywhere from 50,000 to 75,000 Rhodes still out there in owned/playing condition.  It would be an enormous undertaking, as well as people not wanting their private info out there.  See where you're going but it would be a job.

Offline Collin

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Rhodes serial numbers
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2008, 04:29:44 AM »
Hello paulmulligan.
This is a very good idea.
A friend of me, located in  germany an very a good rhodes technician, has started some years ago a list with second hand sold rhodes including the serial numers.
I can bring you in contact with him if you are interrested.

If is also a good idea if you are on tour an need a rhodes for only one show to rent it from a person on this list.
best regards. collin. :D
73 Mark II 1980, 54 Mark II 1980

Offline Rob A

• Global Moderator
  • Mark V
  • Modal Globerator
    • View Profile
    • Rhodes buyer's guide
Rhodes serial numbers
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2008, 07:28:06 AM »
The bad side is it opens up the door to some scams where someone asserts they are the legitimate owner of a "stolen" piano you just bought.

Offline pianodano

• Mark I
    • View Profile
Rhodes serial numbers
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2008, 08:26:59 AM »
It's a real shame we can't have something like this for our Rhodes. Hammond owners have had a owners registry available for years.
http://www.tonewheelgeneral.com/agelist/agelist.php

Danny
I am a builder. If you see me running - get out of the building

Offline james

• Mark I
    • View Profile
    • Rhodes Super Site
Rhodes serial numbers
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2008, 02:20:14 AM »
I've been thinking of adding this as part of the new Models section, since part of my plan is to have everybody and anybody submit photos of their pianos to populate a new gallery of examples year-by-year, ranging from grandma's living room condition to dumpster dives to hot rod mods from hell.  A serial number registry would be part of this, but including your serials would be optional.  I'll keep everybody posted as things get rolling soon.  That's Project #1 for 2009.