News:

Shipping now! "Classic Keys" book, a celebration of vintage keyboards  More...

Main Menu

Nord electro RACK enclosure ideas?

Started by Oaklandjake, June 09, 2016, 12:32:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oaklandjake

Hello,  I bought a nord electro 2 rack for $500. It was what i could afford and I m loving it. However it's not very good for taking out of the house. Has anyone built a custom enclosure for one to take on gigs. I'm thinking it would be connected somehow to the controller keyboard and easily accessible. I  saw one picture of something someone made that resembled an old dual manual organ. I'm looking for ideas for a simpler and more portable enclosure.

Thanks

funkylaundry

I'm planning on building an enclosure to sit underneath my Nord Stage. It is a 73 key stage, so it has organ keys and I would like to turn it into a dual manual console organ, but with the main difference that you can always leave the lower manual at home for smaller gigs. My plan is to buy a Fatar organ style keybed (look here: http://www.doepfer.de/home_e.htm) and build a flat keyboard that matches the Nord design but where the Nord can sit on top.

You could do the same, but rather than putting a keyboard on top of it, you could make the electro rack sit recessed in the case, so you would basically have rebuild a Nord Electro keyboard.

There should even be plenty of space inside the case to put equipment that you don't need to access often (say an audio interface or DI boxes).
'72 Fender Rhodes MkI Stage, '73 Wurlitzer 200, '72 Clavinet D6, '75 Hammond B-3, '71 Leslie 147, Hammond X5, Leslie 710, Nord Stage 2 73SW, Moog Sub 37, DSI Mopho X4, DSI Tetra

Oregone

Like this?  VK8 on top, fatar studio 61 on bottom. Plenty of room to mount a rack unit it there somwhere. The box, minus the VK8, weighs 45lbs with the legs.
1962 Hammond M3, 1958 Hammond M3, Hybrind SS Leslie, Leslie 22H, Korg SV-1, 1978 Rhodes MK1 Suitcase, 1970 Wurlitzer 200, Roland VK8. Yamaha MO6, Leslie, Roland Amps, Fender tube amps, recording room etc.