Author Topic: Anybody heard of SpectraSonic's "Keyscape"? a must see  (Read 112 times)

Offline Chummy

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Anybody heard of SpectraSonic's "Keyscape"? a must see
« on: September 11, 2017, 09:35:16 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=slYbmxaBo-I

A demo video of a VST " ultimate piano/keyboard pack" style - made by SS - the guys who made Omnisphere led by none other than Eric Persing.. the same guy who worked on Roland's best synths including XP, and D-50, has been around in the industry with more than 30 years of experience.

This is supposed to be a keyboard player's paradise. I am not sure how good it is or is it worth the asking price - amd whether it has any drawbacks.

Seems very good sounding - I listened to the demo with YAMAHA HS5 pro monitors and the demo guys seemed to enjoyed this as well!!

Anyone dare to say how good is this compared to the real deal(s) anyone who have rhodes/wurly/clav/pianet and this and general input as well would be awesome.

Long story short, is it worth getting? and if yes, what controller keyboard would you recommend for using this (my DX7 is not quite the wooden piano action and legnth that would suffice I believe)

Thanks!

Offline cinnanon

• Mark I
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody heard of SpectraSonic's "Keyscape"? a must see
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 04:48:40 PM »
To me, the high trebles of the wurlitzer (on the demo) don't sound accurate. I don't think anyone will ever replicate a wurlitzer, but I encourage it!

Offline JanustheManus

• Sparkletop
  • Lovin' my custom stage!
    • View Profile
    • Youtube Channel
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2017, 08:06:22 AM »
My friend has KeyScape and the only thing I don't like about it is that you really cannot adjust the treble and bass boost on the Rhodes accurately. I feel as if they recorded a high treble Rhodes, then implemented bass and treble boost afterwards. I have to use a band eq pedal to get the sound I want.

But other than that I'd say it's really expansive for what it is.
1977 Custom Mark I Stage 73 w/ Stereo Vibe
1980 Kimball Aquarius
1996 Alesis QS 6.1
1999 Mackie 1402-VLZ Mixer
2003 Boss BR-1600 Digital Recorder
2004 Casio CTK-720
+MXR Phase 90

Offline Dan Belcher

• Mark I
    • View Profile
    • http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=djbelc01
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2017, 01:05:24 PM »
The raw sounds are great. The recordings of the electric pianos on it are very treble-heavy and need to be EQed down to sound like a standard run of the mill Rhodes or Wurly. The default sound patches are not the greatest in my opinion and need a lot of tweaking to sound "right" to my ears, so the demo clips on Youtube aren't really a fair comparison to how good it can be! With some tweaking they are really authentic sounding and fun to play.
Proud owner,
1978 Rhodes Mark I Stage 73