News:

Don't forget to read the forum rules.

Main Menu

Rhodes MK 60

Started by Anonymous, October 30, 2004, 07:47:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Is the Rhodes MK 60 any good. Everyone says the MK 60 is bad. but they campare it with the real thing. What about against other digital pianos or keyboards?

james

I had an MK-60 at the time it came out, which was recommended to me over the '69 Stage 73 I dug out of the tuba closet during jazz band practice at my high school.  I sure as hell wish I had gone with the real thing (it had the all-wood hammers, funky old tines, and they would have given it to me for free!!!).  The MK-60 had a couple of acoustic piano and clav sounds that were decent at the time (the same as you'd find in late 80's Roland digital pianos), but the Rhodes sounds SUCKED.  The only way I could get anything close to the sound I was looking for was to run it through a BOSS FT-2 Dynamic Filter pedal, which I used as a bandpass filter instead of a wah.  This boosted the midrange like crazy, rolling off the weak high end and giving me some of the warmth and punch I was looking for.  But after 4 years I gave up and got myself a Suitcase 73...ain't nothin' like the real thing baby....
Web Designer/Developer, Webmaster & Co-Creator
The Rhodes Super Site since 1996
1977 Mark I Stage 73 + Vintage Vibe Stereo Vibe

jaktron

bad MK 60, Bad MK 60 :twisted:  :evil:
sounds are numbers shapes and colours