News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

I need a top for a Rhodes Mark II Stage 88

Started by coachdobbs, July 21, 2013, 08:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachdobbs

I need a flat top lid for a Rhodes 88. Does anyone have one of these they are wanting to part with? If so send me a message!
1978 Fender Rhodes Stage 73 (3978) 
Roland JC-120 
BBE Sonic Maximizer 
Boss CE-1 Chorus Ensemble/1982 Boss CE-2/1982 Ibanez CS-9
1978 EHX Small Stone/EHX Polyphase
MXR Analogman Dyna/Ross
1974 Thomas Organ Wah

goldphinga

Vintage vibe sell new reproductions afaik

coachdobbs

I know that they do, the problem is though that by the time I buy the new top and have it shipped that I will have as much in the lid as I do in the entire piano  8)

Im trying to avoid buying a new one lol.
Roland JC-120 
BBE Sonic Maximizer 
MXR Analogman Dyna/Ross
1974 Thomas Organ Wah

goldphinga

Quote from: coachdobbs on July 22, 2013, 03:12:09 PM
I know that they do, the problem is though that by the time I buy the new top and have it shipped that I will have as much in the lid as I do in the entire piano  8)

Sometimes you get a bargain piano but you just have to stump up for the part you need especially when what you need is rare and very hard to get hold of. You'll likely have an even longer wait finding a second hand one but then I could be wrong but still when they do come up they aren't usually any cheaper than the VV ones anyway.

The Real MC

Quote from: coachdobbs on July 22, 2013, 03:12:09 PM

Sorry - that's the price of admission of owning vintage.  More often than not, you put more into making the system complete.  There's a reason you got the piano cheap.

coachdobbs

I know, I know. It is a plastic key model (1282) and I don't foresee me keeping it that long just because I won't gig with it (it's big and I have a gigging Rhodes) and if I was going to buy one to keep I would probably buy a 1972 Suitcase of some sort, I love the way that year in particular sounds. It's in terrific shape besides the missing lid. The piano looks like it honestly was never gigged! If I have to shell out for a new lid, then I have have to shell out for it. But, if I can find one used I will probably go that route.
Roland JC-120 
BBE Sonic Maximizer 
MXR Analogman Dyna/Ross
1974 Thomas Organ Wah

David Aubke

It's certainly worth a try fishing around before dropping the cash for a new one but I'm pretty sure in my three years of monitoring ebay, I've never seen an Eighty Eight harp cover for sale.
Dave Aubke
Shadetree Keys

Student Rhodes

Quote from: David Aubke on July 22, 2013, 04:42:37 PM
It's certainly worth a try fishing around before dropping the cash for a new one but I'm pretty sure in my three years of monitoring ebay, I've never seen an Eighty Eight harp cover for sale.
Don't know if I've seen any flat top covers for sale, but I've picked up a couple round top ones.  Why not just put one of those on there they look better anyway.
Ray

martin

vv sell used ones for about $40, i bought one off ebay used for £80, i paid £450 for my Rhodes and when its complete i will have spent about £400 on it so £850 all together, definitely worth it tho when you can spend up to £1500 in the UK for one in good condition - at least i'm spreading out the cost!
'77 stage rhodes mark 1>'73 traynor ygl3a mark III>'60's selmer pa100sv>Wurly200a>Nord Stage Compact>hh ma100>1x12 fane twin cone speaker>smartlight pa>2xhz speakers>selmer pa100>Samson Auro D210 active pa cab

Max Brink

Wish I could help! I have an extra MKI 88 lid with a few holes that were drilled in it but no luck helping you out with the flat top.

I agree with the previous posts that the VV is a pretty damn good deal for a brand new lid. It's going to be well worth the investment.

Is the current top completely beyond repair? If you're on a tight budget you may be able to reinforce cracks and even broken pieces from inside the piano and in many cases it's completely undetectable from 6ft away... The main concern with that sort of repair would be how much weight you might want to place on top of it in the future.
Max Brink
The Chicago Electric Piano Co.

ph: (312)476-9528
e: max@chicagoelectricpiano.com

w: http://www.chicagoelectricpiano.com/
fb: http://facebook.com/electricpianoco/
tw&ig: @electricpianoco

coachdobbs

The piano did not have the lid when I bought it. Otherwise it is in great shape. Ken Rich has one he is going to ship out to me though so I believe that I have it taken care of!
Roland JC-120 
BBE Sonic Maximizer 
MXR Analogman Dyna/Ross
1974 Thomas Organ Wah