News:

Don't forget to read the forum rules.

Main Menu

Rhodes dissertation

Started by Anonymous, April 04, 2004, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Im currently starting to write a dissertation on the Rhodes for my uni course and am looking for any links, books etc that could help me out.

The areas i am looking into are:

History(found enough on this already)
Structure (do not own one, so a bit more tricky. the user manual has some good diagrams but need more info)
Physics of sound (this shoud be pretty techy - waveforms, vibrations, resonance, coupling, apmlification, excitation etc - not found alot of this so may have to look into general tuning forks)
Recording (ways of setting up environment and equipment - what quip used traditionally and nowadays)
Synthesis (summary of attempts to synthesize with softsynths, harware etc)

if anyone could help me out that would be much appreciated if you could post here or email me at aaah_freeesh @ hotmail.com (put the spaces in to stop spam)

thanks

Freddan

Hi!

Mail me specific questions and I'll see what I can do.
I'll assist you with whatever I can contribute.
I'm no scientist, but I have some documentation.
I'm glad that you had use for the Rhodes History I wrote.

The guy to talk to, if he's into it, is of course Steve Woodyard, the guy who did all the scientific research with and for Harold Rhodes at the Rhodes-plant in Fullerton. I have contact with him and I'm willing to see if he'd like to talk to you.

He's not actively involved in anything Rhodes-related these days, and has not been for many years, also his health is not 100%, so we'll have to see if he's able to answer one or two questions.

I'd be thrilled to see your work and to share ideas and discoveries.

Best regards,
Freddan Adlers
Frederik "Freddan" Adlers
Rhodes Supersite Lead Historian, Content Provider and Scandinavian Rhodes-Tech since 35 years.
Peacefreak Service Center, Gothenburg Sweden
www.freddan.biz