Vintage Vibe Stereo Vibe Stage to Suitcase conversion

Started by Chris Carroll, August 05, 2010, 05:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris Carroll

For those interested in upgrading their passive Rhodes Stage piano with an active pre amp and Stereo tremolo- Look no further- Vintage Vibe has a great new pre amp called the Stereo Vibe which installs onto any Rhodes Stage rail without any permanent modification to your piano or rail.

The sound is pure Classic Rhodes- enjoy the video-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HtfWSbmuAc

We also have an install video on our website @ www.vintagevibe.com  as well as Youtube which anyone at all can easily do in a half hour.

The pre amp and Cheek Block  power supply are Classic Vintage Vibe originals.
We have some absolutely sick new products coming out this year that will  make Rubber-neckers out of anyone with a Rhodes piano. It's going to be very exciting !
Vintage Vibe will do all we can to help anyone out in a fair and honest way. Call us up or email anytime.  "Love is the answer"

Mark II

Great work, Chris.
Sounds realy amazing and the price is fair, in my humble opinion.
I wish you would have brought that to the table 4 years ago when I was searching for a peterson preamp.
kind regards

Mark II
Rhodes Stage 73 Mark II 1980 / modified Peterson Suitcase Preamp

Chris Carroll

Thanks,  By the way, my name is Chris Carroll, not Steve.
Vintage Vibe will do all we can to help anyone out in a fair and honest way. Call us up or email anytime.  "Love is the answer"

sean

Ouch Mark II!

Confusing Steve Hayes of Speakeasy Vintage Music with Chris Carroll of Vintage Vibe....  Hmmm... the penalty for that is two weeks of Berliner Weisse and Coors Lite.

Mark II

Ups, my bad.
Sorry Chris. Somehow I was mislead.
That was not my itention.

kind regards
Mark II
Rhodes Stage 73 Mark II 1980 / modified Peterson Suitcase Preamp

Alex Rodrigues

Hi guys! Why not hide and fix the power supply inside the case? Less wires, less visual modifications... Great sounds!

Alex Rodrigues
Brazil
www.fenderrhodes.com.br
Fender Rhodes Mark I 73 with line6 MM4, Roland D70, JP8000, JP8080, JD800, Juno G+SRX7, Juno 106, Yamaha DX7S and DX100, E-MU Emax, Kurzweil PC88MX and K2VX (ex-Jordan Rudess) and Korg Radias.

Spookyman

Installed yesterday, i'm only missing the 4 pin cable...but vintagevibe told me they will send one by post !

It looks pretty good, the installation was a breeze, very easy to do.

That was the preamp i was waiting for years...and the price is absolutely correct.
Fender Rhodes Stage 1971
Fender Rhodes Suitcase 1973

Spookyman

I have some problems with the preamp... :'(

I received the 4 pin cable last week, and tried to connect it yesterday evening. No problem for the block cheek, but on the rail it's a little bit different. The electric current is ok, the LED's on the PCB are showing that something is passing by, but...no sound ! I have to push the connection very strong to hear something.

I dont know if the problem is the PREH 4 pin male connector (on the cable) or the 4 pin socket ? I tend to think that the socket is the problem...The sound i could hear when i was pushing the connector in the socket (by force...) was very very good. But it's not playable for the moment.

I will show the connection/socket to a friend, and ask him to fix the problem. Then, it should work...i hope.
Fender Rhodes Stage 1971
Fender Rhodes Suitcase 1973

B3legene

Hi

I installed The Vintage Vibe Stereo Vibe in my 1975 stagepiano last year - amazing sound, fair price  and very easy to install.  8)
Rhodes Mark 1 Stage Piano 73 (1975)
Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 88 (1978)

Xk3smith

I want this mod for my rhodes.  Is the cheek block included in the $250 price tag or is it extra??