News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

Rhodes/wurly effect

Started by yodoggydogg, February 25, 2023, 06:17:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yodoggydogg

Hi,

Does anybody know what pedal/pedals are used in this track? Im guessing its a phaser, but what model could it be? I love how deep the swells are especially in the first few seconds of the track! https://youtu.be/0Etz1pbRv1I. Thanks in advance!

Cheers
Osse

Jenzz

Hi :-)

Sounds pretty much like a vintage EHX Small Stone Phaser with color switch in 'Up'-Position... And some volume tweaking...

Jenzz
Rhodes tech in Germany
www.tasteundtechnik.de
www.spontaneousstorytelling.net

VintageVibe 64 ACL + DOD FX25B, Tone City Sweet Cream, EHX SmallStone, Mooer e-Lady

Adams Solist 3.1 Vibraphone

In the Past:
Stage 73 Mk1 (1977)
Stage 88 Mk1 (1975)
Stage 73 Mk2 (1980)
Stage 73 Mk2 (1981 - plastic)
Suitcase 73 Mk1 (1973)
Suitcase 73 Mk1 (1978)

yodoggydogg

Quote from: Jenzz on February 25, 2023, 09:22:53 AMHi :-)

Sounds pretty much like a vintage EHX Small Stone Phaser with color switch in 'Up'-Position... And some volume tweaking...

Jenzz

Hi Jenzz,

Thanks for the quick reply, i figured it sounded very much like my behringer vp which is a clone of the small stone, really need to buy the real deal at some point, my vp has this unusable high pitch noise... Okay so the deep swell early in the track probably then just coming from adjusting the volume knob, or the fader, good catch on that one have to play around with that for sure! Love the sound of that record i think Marc Moulin was playing a wurly on that joint, atleast he does on the other tracks on the record! Anyways thanks for the help!

Cheers,
Osse

Jenzz

Quote from: yodoggydogg on February 26, 2023, 01:11:53 AM.... i figured it sounded very much like my behringer vp which is a clone of the small stone, really need to buy the real deal at some point,

Hi :-)

I would give the VP an try...

Look for the the Moot Booxle video on YT where he compares the VP and a V3 Small Stone. I think the VP sounds 'spot on'.

Jenzz
Rhodes tech in Germany
www.tasteundtechnik.de
www.spontaneousstorytelling.net

VintageVibe 64 ACL + DOD FX25B, Tone City Sweet Cream, EHX SmallStone, Mooer e-Lady

Adams Solist 3.1 Vibraphone

In the Past:
Stage 73 Mk1 (1977)
Stage 88 Mk1 (1975)
Stage 73 Mk2 (1980)
Stage 73 Mk2 (1981 - plastic)
Suitcase 73 Mk1 (1973)
Suitcase 73 Mk1 (1978)