News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

Valente Electric Pianos

Started by casualvomit, April 11, 2020, 07:07:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casualvomit

Looks like this company is manufacturing reed electric pianos:

https://valentepianos.com/

Has anybody had the chance to play one? The sound sample on the website is pretty nice and it retails for $3000.

melveyr

Sounds pretty cool! Sounds like a blend of a Wurli and a Rhodes. The portability seems like the biggest selling point. I did notice that the tone seems less "full" than either my Wurlitzer or my Rhodes, but maybe that is how they did the mix because it definitely sits really well in the mix for their demo video. I would need to see a demo video of it soloed and with more bottom end.

casualvomit

Agreed! I was kind of surprised how bell like it was given that it uses reeds.  Would love to get my hands on one for a demo.

pianotuner steveo

In the beginning of the video, it sounds like an early Wurli- like 112 or 120. Very cool. I'm wondering if it's the brilliance knob that makes it go from Wurli like to Rhodes like. I wish I could try one out.

This thread should get more attention!
1960 Wurlitzer model 700 EP
1968 Gibson G101 Combo organ
1975 Rhodes Piano Bass
1979 Wurlitzer 206A EP
1980 Wurlitzer 270 Butterfly Grand
2009 73A Rhodes Mark 7
2009 Korg SV-1 73
2017 Yamaha P255
2020 Kawai CA99
....and a few guitars...

casualvomit

I agree.  I randomly saw this on my instagram and my mind was blown! The only other company manufacturing EPs is Vintage Vibe, right?

pianotuner steveo

AFAIK, that is correct. Everything else is digital.
1960 Wurlitzer model 700 EP
1968 Gibson G101 Combo organ
1975 Rhodes Piano Bass
1979 Wurlitzer 206A EP
1980 Wurlitzer 270 Butterfly Grand
2009 73A Rhodes Mark 7
2009 Korg SV-1 73
2017 Yamaha P255
2020 Kawai CA99
....and a few guitars...

valentenet

Hello guys, I'm the creator of Valente.

I'm sorry for not replying earlier. This project has consumed me absurdly.
It is a dream that is gradually leaving the paper, or the workshop. I've been working on it for many years.

We are in a debutante moment, still beginning. Gradually arriving, soon more in your hands.
It is really the beginning of everything, this is the first message, the site has just been made and we are still preparing videos and material for launch.

But in respect for the EP-Forum and all of you who somehow resemble me, be it in creation, maintenance or music, I dedicate this first degree contact exclusively to this house.

The Valente Piano is not a copy of Rhodes, nor Wurli, nor any other EP. We built an instrument to have its own personality, character and besides being a light and easy EP to be carried by a person.

We wanted to design a new experience, this is what we present and share with the world now. We know that there will be criticism and that there will be novels, somo people will love it, some maybe, but the most important thing is it exists.

Soon we will bring more news. We are planning a way for everyone to get their hands on Valente at some point.

We will try to upload videos on the web in the coming weeks. For now there are some little testing on my @valentenet profile.

Do not hesitate. Please ask questions, get your doubts answered. I will try to answer as soon as possible.
Valente Pianos
Piano Suette Blog
E.P Luthier Shop

bourniplus

Congratulations for going all the way in designing, making, and marketing a new electric piano! My hat's off to you sir.

bujbot

Yeah! Congrats and good luck!  I hope to get to try one out soon.

SwamiRob

Wow, these are amazing. Sound pretty clean & dynamic with some setups and got such a nice attack that's not the thin bell like Rhodes sound, and not the grunty midrange of a Wurlitzer. My favourite sound is actually the one from your prototype, despite it not being the highest quality recording, not sure if it's the brilliance being turned up as much, but it doesn't seem quite as bright in that clip, has much changed in the design since the prototype? Asked a ton of other questions on YouTube but forgot to ask about the prototype.

spave

Has anyone played one of these yet? It seems like most YouTube videos on them are from Valente or are sponsored by them. Does anyone here own one and can give an honest review?

I am surprised Valente's haven't gotten more traction here. They are lighter, cheaper, and more reliable than the Wurlitzer's they compete with. It seems like if the same keyboard had a Wurlitzer badge it would have a 10 page thread by now...
1969 KMC Home Rhodes Prototype

SwamiRob

Yeah it's weird they haven't had more attention, although I wonder with everything that's happened whether people just haven't been wanting to spend the money on something for gigging? No idea but likewise I can't see much about them. Would be interested to hear one through a really clean blackface style amp to see what the dynamics and attack are like with loads of headroom. Sounds a little bit like a very refined Pianet T to me.

Filmosound 621

Quote from: spave on November 11, 2021, 12:38:29 AM
...than the Wurlitzer's they compete with. It seems like if the same keyboard had a Wurlitzer badge it would have a 10 page thread by now...

they are not competing with Wurlitzer, as there is no competition without a competitor.

Wurlitzer is gone for long, aren't they ?   :)

looking at and reading about the Valente E-Piano, it seems to be a new take on the "Suette" E-Piano from Brazil ...

That doesn't take anything from it of course, but would explain, why people who know about the original are
not as excited as the ones who don't. ( me )

I would love to give it a go.

:)

Quote from: SwamiRob on November 11, 2021, 02:45:39 AM
...Would be interested to hear one through a really clean blackface style amp to see what the dynamics and attack are like with loads of headroom...

the Blackface amps with their scooped mids hifi sound are Leo's attempt to get rid of the unwanted disortion,
for which he had identified the medium frequencies as responsible.

these are not a good match for any kind of E-Piano, I believe.  At least not for something that has some medium frequencies like the Valente.

I'd prefer a large Tweed Twin like the 80 Watt HPTT.
His small brother - the LPTT with 40 Watts - would do fine as well, I believe.

Edit: all depending on the context in which the Piano is played of course, If one likes or needs the black- or silverface sound, that is fine.  :)

Edit 2: the "Suette", looks like Rhodes, has Reeds inside:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KSpapooIcDs

spave

Quote from: Filmosound 621 on November 29, 2021, 11:51:31 PM
Quote from: spave on November 11, 2021, 12:38:29 AM
...than the Wurlitzer's they compete with. It seems like if the same keyboard had a Wurlitzer badge it would have a 10 page thread by now...

they are not competing with Wurlitzer, as there is no competition without a competitor.

Filmosound- I was referencing Wurlitzer as a competitor because I would imagine someone with $3K to spend on a reed based piano would be comparing the Valente to a used Wurlitzer. I don't think the Valente is a direct competitor to the VV piano or MK8/vintage Rhodes so I did not include them.

The review in that forum does make it seem like a compelling option. It has a much better sound in the more recent videos than their first ones. In the new videos it almost reminds me of an early sparkletop Rhodes mixed with a Wurlitzer.

It would have been nice if the Valente had a side mount or flexible pedal option. I feel like it would be better suited as a Pianet replacement on the top of someones rig than as the base like in the demos. I don't think many people would prefer a 61 note board as the base of their setup.
1969 KMC Home Rhodes Prototype

Filmosound 621

yes I always forget, that it has 61 keys only, the VV64 is big enough for me though.

I'd love to get my hands on a Valente, the Videos sound promising indeed.

Filmosound 621

butterfingersbeck

"Communication is everything"