News:

Don't forget to read the forum rules.

Main Menu

Weltmeister Claviset 200

Started by beginnersluke, June 25, 2019, 02:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beginnersluke

I recently acquired two Weltmeister Claviset 200 electric pianos. It's an East German (communist Germany) electric piano made in the late 60s and 70s.

Both are in good condition, though probably need some work before they can go out gigging or recording. Tuning of a few reeds is definitely in order

I've never seen one of these pianos in person, but they're pretty cool little pianos. I've heard of them as simplified Wurlitzers, but I'd say it's something between a Wurly and a Clavinet.

Does anyone have any service info on these? They seem pretty simple (compared to a Wurly anyway), but if there's some info out there, it's always nice to not reinvent the wheel.

Some interesting notes:

These (at least the version I have) ran on batteries. (If you look at the photo of the inside, you'll see two disconnected wires and 8 screw holes -- these are for 2 battery packs. The other piano has them.)

The case is made of solid wood, which surprised me, but is probably nice for refinishing.

The pedal has a mechanical sustain which lifts the dampers (the long metal pieces you see are the dampers), but also an electrical piece that connects to the piano through a DIN connection. I'll have to investigate what this does.

Anyway, on to some photos:

Emmathatsme

Wow, is it really solid wood? I've got one of these coming to me from Germany and it definitely needs a refinish, so I'm glad to hear that.

As for servicing, I'm not too sure what exactly can be adjusted in it, but when I get it I will certainly be putting out a video of what I did if that helps.
Full time piano tech, part time keyboard fixer :)

Wurlitzer 140a
1973 Rhodes 73
Weltmeister Claviset 200

For Sale:
Wurlitzer 200 (Warneck)
Wurlitzer 200a (Refinished)
Wurlitzer 210
Rhodes Piano Bass (1972)