Proper way to hook up guitar pedals?

Started by Jonbailey85, December 27, 2012, 02:41:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonbailey85

I just got a few guitar pedals that I want to run through my 77' Rhodes suitcase.  I have two jacks on the piano itself numbered 1 and 2.  Then on the power amp section on the side of the cabinet there is a headphone out, 1&2 Preamp inputs, 1&2 Power amp inputs.

I have tried different configurations, but nothing allows the effect pedal to be on, AND control the volume of the rhodes.  At that point, everything is pretty quiet.

Most likely this is human error from me hooking up something incorrectly.  Can anyone give some advise on how to hook pedals up properly?

Thank you!
Jonathan

Abraham

the jacks on the piano work as input & output, so you can use input 1 as send then input 2 as return, and I guess thats the "proper" way
196x Hammond L100
1976 Rhodes MKI '73 Suitcase
1976 Wurlitzer 200-A EP
1981 Casio VL-Tone (Yeah!)
199x Kawai CX-21D Upright
20xx Clavia Nord Electro 2

AFeastOfFriends

I use a decent bit of pedals with my Rhodes, and I use the two outputs on the power amp on the cab. That way the Rhodes signal still goes through the preamp. If I remember right, the "Rhodes" era Peterson amp actually has a full effects loop, like on other amps (except in stereo), with two post-preamp outs and two pre-poweramp inputs. The top two should be the preamp out and the bottom two should be power amp in. Mine doesn't have the inputs because it's too early to have them, but I just run the pedals into a Twin Reverb.

There's also the input-output on the faceplate, with the top jack being send and the bottom being return. Never liked that way as much because then the signal is weak due to no amplification. But then it's easier to still run in stereo.