News:

Available now!.. "Down the Rhodes: The Fender Rhodes Story" (book & documentary) More...

Main Menu

Best Cheap/Clone Chorus for Rhodes???

Started by Oaklandjake, October 30, 2019, 02:36:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Oaklandjake

Can't afford the CE-1 and am wondering about the BehringerUC200 and some other clones for Rhodes. Everything on the web is for guitar. What do you guys like for a cheap/good value chorus???

goldphinga

The Daphon Choruses are amazing for the money. Sounds much like a CE-2

sean

I have a Small Stone, and I have a CE-5.  I like the CE-5 better.  However, it turns out that I like a phase shifter much better than chorus. Wait.  What?

I have a Small Stone Phase Shifter, and a Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter.  I like the Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter better than the Small Stone.  I also have a Boss CE-5 chorus pedal, it is creamy greatness, but I like the phase shifter better on Rhodes.

Go to the local music store and try out a few pedals.  Drag them into the keyboard room, and test them on a few Rhodes patches.  See which one you like enough to pay for.  Don't buy one sight unseen and sound unheard.

Sean

melveyr

I haven't done comparisons to a lot of other pedals, but I have the Dan Electro chorus pedal for my Wurli. It's 14 bucks on Amazon and has rate, depth, and mix knobs  :D I'm not an expert but it sounds like supertramp when I turn it on  8)