News:

Available now!.. "Down the Rhodes: The Fender Rhodes Story" (book & documentary) More...

Main Menu

seeking schematics for English Club Model

Started by Krischu, December 30, 2019, 08:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Krischu

I'm in search of schematics for the so called "English Club Model", an 88 with built in power amp and preamp.

Preamp is totally noisy and I'm trying to give it some care.

Anyone knowing a source for the schematics?

Krischu

Seems to be a rare or little known device, since it is UK made. Maybe anyone from UK in this list might know the company who made it:

DMI (UK) LTD  FARADAY GROUP OF COMPANIES 2x50 WATT

is imprinted on the PCB bottom face.

I couldn't find much about a company named DMI and having to do with electronics in the net.

I was already able to get rid of the noise by resoldering every solder spot on the power amplifier board finding two blatant cold solder joints.

Possibly I could make the amp working again without having a circuit diagram. But it is always annoying to "work in the dark" and I'll probably try to reverse engineer the schematics unless someone comes up with one here.

--
Christoph

Tim Hodges

DMI Most likely represents Dallas Musical Instruments (formerly Dallas Arbiter) in the UK. They also made Sound City guitar amps and these photos do look very simillar to guitar amps around that time.
Bristol Electric Piano
UK

Facebook
YouTube
Reverb.com

Krischu

Quote from: Tim Hodges on January 03, 2020, 05:58:57 AM
DMI Most likely represents Dallas Musical Instruments (formerly Dallas Arbiter) in the UK. They also made Sound City guitar amps and these photos do look very simillar to guitar amps around that time.

Thanks for the information. I remember "Sound City" from the sixties :). Would be great if I can find someone from the engineering staff today who can offer circuit diagrams. Otherwise I'm left to reengineer them (which I'm half through anyway) :)

--
Christoph

Tim Hodges

Bristol Electric Piano
UK

Facebook
YouTube
Reverb.com