Author Topic: New Jack Springs!  (Read 184 times)

Offline DoctorTeeth

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
New Jack Springs!
« on: January 20, 2020, 12:21:45 PM »
My wurli was having issues off and on with key return and a few sluggish keys despite the fact I had torn the whole thing down a few times and protek’d the action centers, polished the key rail pins, eased the bushings etc....so I took the plunge and spent aprox 14? hours replacing all the jack springs with a new vvibe set, and holy crap! Its like a whole new piano! When I got this wurli it was more or less a cool looking doorstop, and was priced accordingly...someone had put long springs on all the sticker screws between the grommets and the stickers to try and make up for its majorly sluggish action...which i presume also put extra strain on the jack springs...i posted a photo of this about a year ago (the jack felts all surprisingly seem more or less fine)...might not be the fix for everyone, but man! Very worth all the effort. I also popped a new set of sticker grommets on there too, my sustain pedal action has never been sexier! Its a long laborious process but I couldn't be happier with the outcome. There is still one key that has slightly slow return with the sustain pressed, but i’m fairly certain it might just need some slight adjustment. If you keep chasing the slow action gremlin around your wurli it might just be the jack springs, in my case it most definitely was.