News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

My homemade electric pedal-clavichord

Started by bourniplus, January 23, 2020, 06:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bourniplus

Hey guys,
I had this old organ pedalboard lying around and decided to do something with it. Don't worry, it's not from a Hammond. I also had the switch assembly and at first I thought of midifying it (I've built two midi pedalboards in the past with furring strips but they were pretty crappy, and I've now destroyed them and kept the encoder) but then I thought that turning it into a giant monophonic clavichord would be way more fun. So, I still have some work to do on it obviously, but this will give an idea of what it sounds like:
https://youtu.be/AKbk6APYE6w
Martin

vanceinatlance

Wonderful! I would be interested to to.know and see more of the detail on how you built this and what you used to amplify it! Thanks for sharing.

bourniplus

Basically all I did was making a 1-string "bass" with a 2x4 and an upright bass string. Then I modified the pedals so that they're spaced like frets. The pickups are actually guitar pickups, I think they work just as well as bass pickups. Right now it's plugged in a bass amp. The length of string before the first pedal is muted with pieces of felt.

Dan Belcher

This is super cool and quite clever. I love it.
Proud owner,
1978 Rhodes Mark I Stage 73