Author Topic: New to the site, looking for some help tracking down a Wurli 106p project  (Read 521 times)

Offline bujbot

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Hi Everyone!

I'm new to this site though I've been into electric pianos for a bit (I got my first a Yamaha CP-60M back in early 2000's). 
I've had a Hohner Pianet T in the past and currently have a Buz Watson Rhodes stage 73.

My daughter has really gotten into playing the acoustic piano and I want to do a Wurlitzer 106P restoration project together with her.  I've had terrible luck trying to track one down and was hoping someone here might have some leads for me.  Just recently I found a shop with one but the guy sold it to a walk-in while he was emailing me the pictures  :'( .

Thanks in advance!  Happy to have joined the forum.  I've been restoring/repairing synthesizers and maintaining pianos for quite some time so hopefully I can help some of you here and there.

Nik

Offline cinnanon

• Mark I
    • View Profile
Oh man they are nearly *impossible* to find in unrestored condition.

Offline bujbot

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Oh man they are nearly *impossible* to find in unrestored condition.

So I've heard, this is why I'm so upset that I had found one but it got away  :'(

Offline bujbot

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
So, as I slowly come to the realization that maybe a 106P project just isn't going to happen I'm becoming open to the idea of just trying to build my own by cutting down a harp 200/206 assembly.

If anyone (in addition to having leads on a 106P) has any leads on some wurlitzer internals, please let me know!  Something like this http://useduprightpianos.net/tag/harp/, or a non-functional unit needing repairs.  So far on my own I've tracked down a keybed and keys for a decent price (but waiting to buy until I have more leads).

Thanks.