Author Topic: New Vintage Vibe Electric Pianos  (Read 35373 times)

Offline sookwinder

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
Re: New Vintage Vibe Electric Pianos
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2018, 04:57:37 AM »
Hi guys... another post to this older thread.

This delightful Vintage Vibe 64 EP in Lilac sparkle arrived on my doorstep here in Australia a couple of days ago.
My first impressions of the EP leave me speechless … I am over the moon. 
Earlier posts have said how great these VV EPs are , but let me just reiterate how awesome the key action and the sound is on the VV64.

I already have a 1973 Rhodes, Wurli 206A/200A, Pianet N & T and this VV64 has a voice of its own that fits in perfectly and fill a gap at the same time.
What is great is that the sound with the active electronics can achieve a multitude of styles and feels   …   totally different to my Mk1 Rhodes or my Wurli 206A/200A

The fit and finish of the instrument is first class, the quality of the parts used, the design, the fitment is very impressive.
Little things have blown me away… like the location of the on/off switch … yes you need an on/off switch, but it doesn’t need to be staring you in the face when you play. 
Again discussing the action of the keys … they make playing just so easy … to use an auto industry metaphor … while I love my 1973 Rhodes , comparing the action of the Rhodes to the VV64 is like comparing the steering of a 70s Chevrolet to a 2017 Chevy SS  -  chalk and cheese.
The Lilac sparkle top is perfect .. both in colour and in the finish surface.
I also like the fact that the active electronics allow a guitar to be plugged into the return and utilise the preamp FX.

In short …  this VV64 is a superb instrument.
Plus communication with Chris and the VV guys was easy.

David

« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 05:02:47 AM by sookwinder »
Late 60s Pianet N - Late 70s Pianet T - Ensoniq ESQ1 - Hammond XK2 - Wurli 206A converted to a 200A - 1973 Rhodes Stage 73 - Roland RD150 - Vintage Vibe 64 EP on order - s**t load of guitars, basses & amps

Offline d-rock

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
Re: New Vintage Vibe Electric Pianos
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2018, 11:41:29 AM »
Wow! Gorgeous. Such a nice collection of pastels.