Author Topic: Hohner Pianet T -- any way to make the action less noisy?  (Read 90 times)

Offline zphillips

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Hohner Pianet T -- any way to make the action less noisy?
« on: November 18, 2020, 04:40:21 PM »
hi everyone!
I recently got a pianet T in seemingly excellent condition. all keys sound, pickups seem positionally consistent (although I intend to probably distance the upper-octave ones for a quieter sound in the treble, in line with what I prefer on my Wurly etc).

the tuning is out of whack in the bass register so I'll have to try my hand at the filings about which some other forum members have given excellent advice (and I wouldn't mind some more, as there seems to be disagreement on Vintage Vibe's youtube demonstration' comments section about the proper way to handle this)

the main reason I'm writing is that the playing action (I mean the frontal keys I'll be playing with my hands, or feet if inspiration strikes) is super noisy. noisier than other pianet Ts I've played in the past. so much squelchy, plasticky stickiness to them. it's not sluggish, nothing seems mechanically wrong internally, they all have spring to them, and none of them actually stay depressed after striking, but the noise is annoying. it's not getting in the pickups at all, thankfully, but I'm wondering if anyone has any advice for smoothing the action for better playability. I'm guessing there's not much to be done about it but thought I'd ask. missing that silky Wurlitzer touch. these keys sound more like a Prophet 600 or something.

Offline zphillips

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Re: Hohner Pianet T -- any way to make the action less noisy?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2020, 08:00:18 AM »
bump