Author Topic: Pianet T Pads Too Sticky  (Read 113 times)

Offline theseacowexists

• Sparkletop
    • View Profile
Pianet T Pads Too Sticky
« on: March 04, 2021, 11:38:53 AM »
Seems that any issue I've ever come across with Pianet T pads is that they aren't sticky enough to do the job. I've finally encountered a Pianet with pads that are so sticky that they have trouble leaving the reed! At least in the first octave. They appear to be the clavinet.com pads. They do eventually release, but not as immediately as they should. Repeated key strikes bring it back to normal, but let the key sit for anything more than a few seconds, and the pad will stick on the next strike. Even swapping pads from upper octaves does not change this. I've done the usual procedure of cleaning the reeds with alcohol and the pads with soapy water, and still no difference. They feel extremely sticky to the touch even after washing. The reeds do have a light amount of rust on them, and it doesn't seem to make a difference if the pad rests on a 'clean' or rusty part of the reed. Full disclosure: this Pianet is actually part of a Pianet/Clavinet duo - not that that should make a difference.

Offline SwamiRob

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
Re: Pianet T Pads Too Sticky
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2021, 08:50:44 AM »
Yeah I think mines got the same pads on, great for every other bit of the instrument, but the reeds seem a little bendier in the very lowest section and it seems to affect it. Have you tried setting it up with the 'hammers' a little higher? I quite like it personally, but the sound is so dramatically different that I treat that section as its own instrument pretty much. I wouldn't ever play a section that went in and out of that range really, but sounds cool for a bass part of you don't jump and out of the bigger reeds.