Author Topic: Pianet T Reeds - where to source?  (Read 300 times)

Offline coloradobenedic

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
Pianet T Reeds - where to source?
« on: June 18, 2021, 07:40:27 PM »
Hey friends... anybody out there in possession of, or know where to find reeds for a Pianet T?  Clavinet.com etc. has some new pads and resto tools still, but reeds seem pretty scarce.  I've got a Pianet T here that I've been putting off doing some work on, but finally finding some time, and wanted to ask around. 

It's in pretty solid shape, and minor cleaning/tuning isn't so hard... but I'm thinking it might be good to have some extra reeds around for the few pesky notes that seem quieter or won't stay pitched correctly.  Any help is much appreciated!  I'll try to check back on this thread every so often, or feel free to email me at benwaligoske@gmail.com

Thanks!

Offline theseacowexists

• Mark I
    • View Profile
Re: Pianet T Reeds - where to source?
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2021, 10:26:20 PM »
Those reeds are pretty hardy. Do you have any that are actually broken? If they're just quiet or having trouble holding pitch, there are things you can do before resorting to replacing them.

Offline coloradobenedic

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2021, 02:12:13 PM »
Nothing actually broken... but a couple keys that are real "plinky" or choked sounding when struck, even after new rubber hammer tips, adjusting the pickups/action etc.  I can continue to work with what I have for now as the reeds seem sort of difficult to find, but if there was a place to reliable get replacements, it would be nice to know about.

Thanks for your reply!

Offline Tines&Reeds

• Vendor
  • Sparkletop
    • View Profile
    • Tines & Reeds
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2021, 03:35:52 PM »
I think Marcel from EP service in Netherlands has some stock.
German Rhodes Tech nearby Hamburg / Bremen

http://www.tinesandreeds.com

Offline theseacowexists

• Mark I
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2021, 10:10:39 PM »
Is there any rust or corrosion on the reeds? I found that clavinet.com's "eurotool" (just a fiberglass brush, can probably be sourced elsewhere) was really good at cleaning up the surface rust/corrosion and improved the tone of the reeds.