Author Topic: No room for bump mod?  (Read 160 times)

Offline colibas

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
No room for bump mod?
« on: August 21, 2021, 08:47:55 PM »
Hi, All--
1977 Rhodes, here.
In marking where to place the bump for the miracle mod, it looks as though there is not much room. Following the instructions, I press the key and place the bump just in front of the hammer cam. The bump actually hangs over the edge of the pedestal. This is the case for both treble and bass.

So, should I still make the modification?

Offline Tines&Reeds

• Vendor
  • Sparkletop
    • View Profile
    • Tines & Reeds
Re: No room for bump mod?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2021, 04:01:05 PM »
Then you should move the action rail to the back. :-) this will give you more room for this modification.
German Rhodes Tech nearby Hamburg / Bremen

http://www.tinesandreeds.com

Offline colibas

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2021, 04:58:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply. I'm not sure I can move the action rail. It's aluminum, bolted in at several points, at a fixed distance from the front.

Sean

Offline colibas

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2021, 10:24:32 AM »
I'm wondering whether I understood what Tines&Reeds said.
I'm also wondering if I could glue a piece of wood or plastic to the front face of the pedestal, sticking up enough to create the bump.

Thanks,
Sean

Offline Tines&Reeds

• Vendor
  • Sparkletop
    • View Profile
    • Tines & Reeds
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2021, 01:08:49 AM »
Shifting the action rail might give you enough room for this modification. Loosen the five machine screws in the aluminum rail und shift the rail to the back, tighten it again and check if there is enough room for it now. If not you can remove the action rail completely and widen the holes of the nuts bigger with a file to be able to shift it to the back even more.

Please note, that you need to reset your strikeline after doing so.

I personally would not glue something to the pedestal at least if it's an aluminium rail. On a wooden action rail it's a different case because shifting the action rail is not that easy due to the countersunk screws used to tighten it to the keyboard frame.
German Rhodes Tech nearby Hamburg / Bremen

http://www.tinesandreeds.com