News:

Available now!.. "Down the Rhodes: The Fender Rhodes Story" (book & documentary) More...

Main Menu

complete Wurlitzer 200A service manual?

Started by gacki, September 06, 2021, 05:44:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gacki

I wonder if there's a really complete service manual somewhere out there?

The ones I have seen so far (vintage vibe and others seem to miss at least one page, possibly more.
The go up to page number 65 (which is the beginning of the description of the 200A amplifier) but there are clearly the following page is missing since the description stops mid sentence.

Tines&Reeds

Did you check the manual from Tropical Fish? I use this because it's the one with the best quality out there and you can search through it which is awesome as well!
German Rhodes Tech nearby Hamburg / Bremen

http://www.tinesandreeds.com

gacki

The manual is labeled "wurlitzer-200-200a-service-manual" but certainly does not contain much 200A electronics material; just two pages near the end. The circuit description I mentioned is not part of it at all, neither are the updated schematics for later 200A revisions.
This seems to be an earlier revision of the manual; the other commonly found manual has a separate "Section III" starting with page 64. Page 66 is missing from the copies I've found so far.

AndyP

I noticed this too - I was reading the circuit description on page 65 and hit a cliffhanger when I couldn't find page 66.
"The collector current of the driver transistor becomes..." and nothing. Becomes what?

I have a few different sets of scans from different places - vv, bustedgear, electrotanya, tropical fish, ep-service.nl etc.
None of them have page 66. I was tempted to try the $20 download from musicparts.com but it only has 11 pages so is probably not complete.

I was looking for that page while debugging an amp with multiple problems.
I decided it wasn't worth my time so I asked my wife to buy me a warneck amp for my birthday. Got it installed yesterday and it sounds great!