News:

Available now!.. "Down the Rhodes: The Fender Rhodes Story" (book & documentary) More...

Main Menu

New Rhodes preamp/effects Tines-And-Reeds

Started by The Real MC, March 15, 2024, 12:22:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real MC

Tines-And-Reeds is introducing the new "Rhodestar" preamp.  I've been waiting a long time for a device like this, it's like a channel strip for Rhodes pianos.

Scroll down the website (there's an English option) for the audio demonstration.  While it's a "work in progress", I love the tone of this box.  It's rack-mountable and rack ears will be available later.  Three band EQ with sweepable mid and low pass filter, mono or stereo tremolo with sine or square LFO waveshape, various DSP effects with adjustable parameters (3rd control is reverb and always live), headphone output.  You plug your Rhodes into the rear panel input using the harp RCA jack.

A very welcome feature is the rear panel effects loop with stereo returns, meaning you can use your favorite processor with this box.  Nice touch!  I'm very glad I can still use my ADA STD-1 Tapped Delay with this.

The image below is a rendered image of the final product, due for release by May 2024.  There's an "early bird special" price in the shop if you order now.  I already ordered one.

Tines&Reeds

Thanks for the shout out! :-)

I'm just waiting for the enclosures to be manufactured and printed. Made in Germany.... :-)
German Rhodes Tech nearby Hamburg / Bremen

http://www.tinesandreeds.com