Author Topic: Real Rhodes vs. A Great Rhodes Patch  (Read 4341 times)

fuzzy4dice

Real Rhodes vs. A Great Rhodes Patch
« on: June 26, 2004, 03:26:21 PM »
Guys,

Ok, rant and rave to me why a real Fender Rhodes is better than any Rhodes patch out there.

Or, tell me how you disagree.

I am in the process of buying a real one and I just want some fuel to justify the purchase.

THANKS,

ezt

Offline jim

• Mark I
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/cyberjimpatterson
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 09:10:57 PM »
you look much cooler playing a rhodes than you do playing a keyboard on a rickety stand. unless you have a keytar, they're way cool.

Offline jim

• Mark I
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/cyberjimpatterson
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 09:13:14 PM »
and it's a real instrument that you can love, like a cello or horn. a musician with an instrument that is their friend is a happy musician.

Dave

this one
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2004, 11:32:10 PM »
It must be restored first to compare with clones.

Fred

real vs. sample
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2004, 09:03:58 AM »
Many samples seem to exaggerate certain sound characteristics...too bellish, too barky, etc. They also do not compensate for the quirks of a real instrument...the occasional double strike, a slight bounce on a damper, or the pitch characteristics. These factors really make a Rhodes sound and feel so natural. Also, if you overdrive a Rhodes, it sounds cool. Most digital rigs will sound horrible overdriven.

P-Action

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 11:59:30 AM »
I have two rhodes, and I wouldn't trade them for any laptop, patch sound in the world. Anybody who tells you that they sound the same is an envious person who can't get a rhodes.  Trust me, I have seen the same people tell me that, and then go out and buy a Rhodes a few months later.