News:

Available now!.. "Down the Rhodes: The Fender Rhodes Story" (book & documentary) More...

Main Menu

whats your experience with major key company?

Started by mimicthis, May 12, 2006, 07:56:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mimicthis

hey i was just wondering if other people have dealt with major keys.  i am kind of concerned because i placed an order for a sustain pedal and push rod
a couple days ago and they havent sent me anything back to confirm that they are sending it or what.  should i be worried yet? or do i need to give it more time? i figured since it was linked to the main site it would be a good site. any feed back would be nice

ps i am not writing them off just yet

Dan Belcher

They have a disclaimer on their main page that they run Major Key as a part-time operation only.  It may take a few days or even a week before they will get your order processed.
Proud owner,
1978 Rhodes Mark I Stage 73

mimicthis

it has been 8 days and i still havent received any email back from major keys..

jim

they will come through, i garauntee it.
garentee. garubtee.

Dan Belcher

They are the company that supplies Speakeasy Vintage and others with the parts they resell.  Don't worry, they're a reputable operation.  Just give them a little time, I'm sure they'll get your order filled. :)
Proud owner,
1978 Rhodes Mark I Stage 73

MarvinGaye1978HereMyDear

do you know if i can pay for major key parts
with my credit card without paypal?
My Rhodes Piano:
Mark I Suitcase 88
Serial Number: 323
year: 1975

mimicthis

Quote from: "MarvinGaye1978HereMyDear"do you know if i can pay for major key parts
with my credit card without paypal?

possibly
but you can sign up for a paypal account in minutes so just do that.

it has been 12 days and i havent received any package and no contact from them.

andi85

don't worry. you will get your stuff, just give them a bit time.
Tuning instruments makes the band sound thin!

james

They were telling me that their sustain pedal supply ran low recently, so they're probably just waiting until the next batch is ready to ship.  And yes, you can pay by check instead of PayPal (sending a check by mail used to be the only way they would take it!).
Web Designer/Developer, Webmaster & Co-Creator
The Rhodes Super Site since 1996
1977 Mark I Stage 73 + Vintage Vibe Stereo Vibe

mixsynth

I recently got their MKHC preamp. They are definitely slow to respond to their emails! But in the end, the parts were delivered, and when I found that there were some nuts missing, they sent them immediately (over the Atlantic!) plus some freebies to make up for the trouble.

Don't worry -- although their communication isn't fantastic, they always keep their promises.

CherryFive

QuoteThey have a disclaimer on their main page that they run Major Key as a part-time operation only.  It may take a few days or even a week before they will get your order processed.

So. It shouldn't be the customer's problem that they are "part time". Get in or get out of business.

andi85

No. It's the other way round: Get Rhodes parts or get none. That's the way it works. Tell me what you want, but as I see it, that's simply reality.

By the way...nobody forces you to buy @ Major Key :)
Tuning instruments makes the band sound thin!

mimicthis

i finally received my sustain pedal. everything works wonderfully.
they sent it next day air. they must of ran out of them or just forgot to send it and felt bad. either way. yea waiting sucks but sadly they are the only place to buy parts (besides their distros but they charge a bit more).

Freddan

Johnathan James.
Please don't involve us other customers in your stupid insults.
It is and has been a mutual understanding for years that they operate like this in honor of, and to fullfill a promise to Harold Rhodes.
If more people had your attitude, there would be no parts available.
Thanx for nothing
Frederik "Freddan" Adlers
Rhodes Supersite Lead Historian, Content Provider and Scandinavian Rhodes-Tech since 35 years.
Peacefreak Service Center, Gothenburg Sweden
www.freddan.biz

james

Unfortunately many of us seem to have either forgotten or are too young to remember when mail order by catalogs and ads in the back of Keyboard magazine were the only way to get parts like this, and 4 to 6 weeks was a typical wait time.  If you have a little patience, Major Key will deliver.  BTW, it sounds like their business is starting to take off and may go full-time as the product line expands and they're able to do more bulk production.  Hang in there everybody....
Web Designer/Developer, Webmaster & Co-Creator
The Rhodes Super Site since 1996
1977 Mark I Stage 73 + Vintage Vibe Stereo Vibe