News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

The ''Tine Cutting Measurement chart''

Started by Tehu, June 13, 2006, 02:31:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tehu

Hi, i'll receive some new tines, and i want to know where or how can i get a copy of the Tine cutting measurment chart in 1:1 scale... I got it but when i print it, it down the scale a little bit, or somebody have the complete list of all dimention of all tines for a seventy three stage piano.
Or am i too dumb to be able to print it in 1:1 scale!
Plz Help me!

Thanks

Xavier
Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 88 1977, Wurlitzer 200a, Columbia Elepian 713, Yamaha CP60M, Hohner Clavinet D6, Baldwin CW-8-S, Roland VK9, Roland RS101, Roland SH1000, Teisco S100P, Yamaha SK15, Siel Orchestra 1, Sequential Six Ttak, Sequential Prophet 2002, Behringer VC340, Behringer MS101, MPC2000XL, Roland SBF325, Roland RE-201, Roland MPA100, Leslie 710

jim

yeah it's funny i've got about five different sizes of tine cutting guide.
sometimes i just make it half way between the size of the two surrounding tines.

james

You're better off just matching the new tine's length to the one you're replacing.  I've still got the original scans of the Service Manual, so I can put together a printable version of the chart for everybody.  BTW, I think the length measurements in the chart include the generator block (back in the day you could get "un-staked" spare tines without it...although I don't know how you'd get the old tine out of the generator to put the new one in!).
Web Designer/Developer, Webmaster & Co-Creator
The Rhodes Super Site since 1996
1977 Mark I Stage 73 + Vintage Vibe Stereo Vibe

jim

wow un-staked?
makes sense though doesn't it, cause nothing ever goes wrong with the block section.

james

I just added a printable version of the chart on the Super Site:

http://www.fenderrhodes.com/service/tinecut.doc

If you guys can do a test print to make sure it's the right size, I'd appreciate it.  You can tell it's correct if the "Tine Cutting Measurement Area" is around 6-1/8" (15.5 cm) long.  And on closer inspection of the chart, there's a picture of a tine at the bottom...the length doesn't include the generator after all.

Tehu

Yeah! thanks, it's in 1:1 scale!
the first have exacly 6 1/8!!

thanks again!
Xavier
Rhodes Mark 1 Suitcase 88 1977, Wurlitzer 200a, Columbia Elepian 713, Yamaha CP60M, Hohner Clavinet D6, Baldwin CW-8-S, Roland VK9, Roland RS101, Roland SH1000, Teisco S100P, Yamaha SK15, Siel Orchestra 1, Sequential Six Ttak, Sequential Prophet 2002, Behringer VC340, Behringer MS101, MPC2000XL, Roland SBF325, Roland RE-201, Roland MPA100, Leslie 710

jibbidyjoe

What's strange is that I have an original cutting guide for a Mark II, but when I used it to cut a tine for my Mark V, I found that the tines in my Mark V are all longer than what the cutting chart suggests.

I am assuming the majority of tines on my Mark V are original from the factory, so did the Mark V have a different cutting chart?
1984 Rhodes Mark V Stage 73
1979 Rhodes Suitcase 88

james

There's a general issue with the chart lengths being a little too long, even if you have an original printed copy of the chart (which I do!).  Again, cutting the new tine to match the old one seems to be the best way to go.