Author Topic: "Input"  (Read 2939 times)

Offline Tbird65

  • Fiesta Red
  • **
  • Posts: 15
    • View Profile
« on: August 12, 2004, 11:53:18 PM »
Something that confuses stage crew when setting up my Mark I stage 73, is that the output jack says "Input".  Why the heck is it labelled "input" and not "output" ???  Not that it worries me, its just perculiar.


  • Guest
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 01:06:43 AM »

 My friend asked me that last night. He was like " Hey...shouldn't that say output?".   I've had it for awhile, and I've never really noticed.  I have no idea.


  • Guest
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2004, 06:21:39 AM »
it is an 'input' for sure, but not a sound input of course - you gathered that. the jack is where the power is put into the rhodes or put under electric tension. Into the jack, over the pickups and then back to the amp.

imagine this as water running in a steady fashion. When you hit a key this flow is 'distorted' from its steady course, you obstruct or change the flow. and that's what you hear coming from the amp.

in a way it is input and output at the same time (of electricity), but don't compare it to the output on a keyboard. Keyboards are powered and produce their own sound, and then send it out (they have sound output).

hope this helps