News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

What kind of amp do you use with your Rhodes?

Started by james, September 12, 2006, 01:14:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

What kind of amp do you use with your Rhodes?

Suitcase
18 (17.8%)
Super Satellite
2 (2%)
Janus I
4 (4%)
Fender Twin
14 (13.9%)
Roland JC-120
9 (8.9%)
Other
51 (50.5%)
I Don't
3 (3%)

Total Members Voted: 92

Voting closed: September 12, 2006, 01:14:07 AM

kjellg

I,m using a JC-160.
Anyone have experience with this amp on Rhodes?

How is the twinreverb compare to the JC?(I know they use tubes)

NikiBelucci

I use a DIY valve class A amp, with- very important- a neodymium powered ribbon tweeter. :D

idrewblood

suitcase or GK400rb.  line 6 delay, rat distortion, small clone

MuMajor

I recently ended up giving a new home for a bass combo, an SWR Workingman's 12. Tried it with my Rhodes, and I think it sounds really really good and I am seriously considering to start using this amp on my Rhodes gigs. Very nice clean tones. For crunching it a bit I used Barber LTD SR pedal.
1975 Rhodes Mark I Stage 73 -> AMZ Boost -> Lovetone Meatball -> MXR Phase 90 '74 reissue -> Barber LTD SR -> Voodoo Lab Analog Chorus -> Moody Sounds Tremolo -> SansAmp Bass Driver -> SWR Workingman's 12

Nord Electro Rack 2 + masterkeyboard
Yamaha U3

andi85

Hi guys,

a small update from my part: Last year I got hold of a free but non-functional silverface Fender Vibro Champ and had it fixed up recently - for the "horrendous" grand total of €11.

It's a sweet little amp for practicing at home, and even more so after I replaced the stock speaker with a Jensen C8N. For a really clean sound with the Rhodes I'd consider it slightly underpowered at 6 watts, i.e. at the point where it's reaching the "sweet spot" sound-wise, it's already breaking up. However, the overdrive on full volume sounds very good and musical to me - great for recording in the apartment, too.

Where this little thing absolutely shines, though, is the Wurlitzer. The headroom might even be enough for smaller, rather quiet stages when it's miked up, and it sounds even better than with the Rhodes.

For €61 (fix-up, speaker and shipping), this is a great addition to my rig. If I had to go out and buy an amp for home use, I'd rather go for a little more power, about 15 watts or so.
Tuning instruments makes the band sound thin!

frogmonkey

I'm playing my Mk1 through a Seymour Duncan Twin Tube Classic pedal, then through a Mackie VLZ mixer, direct to the PA.  My stage monitor is a QSC K10.

I'm looking for a better solution.  The Twin Tube sounds ok, and it does boost the signal quite a bit... but it doesn't boost it enough to leave the Mackie's mic preamps out of the chain.    I'm not quite satisfied, and the Twin Tube seems to be failing.

andi85

As much as I liked my Tubeman after I put a fresh 12AX7 in, I never got quite happy with the EQ and also missed a headphone output for nighttime practice. Due to fortunate circumstances I got hold of a brand-new Line6 POD II for only very little money. This little red thing is now my official Rhodes (and Wurlitzer) headphone amp.
I'm quite satisfied with it although it's not perfect and not state of the art anymore. It suffers from the usual drawback of similar modelers: Too many options but only a few of them are actually usable. However, I found a few favorites like the Line6 Clean – a Jazz Chorus with some tube drive. What's really annoying about the POD II is that it can't take the full signal from the Rhodes. It starts to crackle without acually overdriving and without the clip LED flashing. With the piano set to 7, it's ok, though.

Also, I scratch-built an EV TL-806, a popular bass reflex design from the 1980s. Back then, it featured the EVM12, however, the Delta Pro 12 from Eminence is a good substitute and costs a couple of Euros less. Paired with a Dynacord HiFi Favorit II, a 85W German-made tube head from the late 1960s, it's a nice Rhodes amp. However, perhaps paired with a larger amp, I could also imagine it serving as a bass box. In turn, the Dynacord makes a nice Leslie amp for jazz purposes.

Spookyman

I tryed many combinations...The first one was a Motion Sound KP200S, not bad at all to amplify the Rhodes dry signal. Then i changed for a small 2.1 system from DB Technology, with a small 12' subwoofer and two satellites (6.5' + 1'), in combination with a MXR Preamp, MXR 10 band EQ and MXR Stereo Tremolo. It was cool, as i was able to shape the sound with the 10 band EQ. But it's also noisy...

For the moment, i have 3 possibilities.

1) Fender Twin Reverb Silverface (1975), also with my Rhodes Stage Piano (1975) with StereoVibe Preamp (set on Peterson preamp).
2) Stereo Vibe Preamp directly in my Soundcraft MFX12i mixer and then to the 2 RCF 410a monitors.
3) Jens Lüpke TRamp (tube preamp) directly in Soundcraft mixer and RCF monitors/other studio console...

All 3 are very very good. It's hard to choose ! When i'm playing jazz, i prefer the Twin Reverb. The stereo Vibe is what i'm using for live gigs in other musical directions, and the TRamp is my favorite recording set-up.

The RCF 410a are very good sounding speakers, linear sounding, very powerful (400 watts), compact and light.
Fender Rhodes Stage 1971
Fender Rhodes Suitcase 1973

zoooombiex

howdy.  just joined this forum, but thought i'd weigh in.  i've been using my rhodes with a tweed bassman for a few years and it sounds excellent.  they have a good amount of headroom and a relatively balanced tone.  they aren't as scooped in the midrange as twins, so it's a different kind of sound.  but it sits well in the mix with a band.  (they're also a lot lighter than a twin!)

the later silverface bassmans also sound nice, but they break up much sooner and are also a little more scooped sounding.

RhodesScholar

Both the JC120 and Twin sound great, but having tried both they were a little too muddy for my liking. I'm currently playing a '66 Showman (basically a Twin but in a head instead of a combo) with a 1x15 closed-back cabinet. It sounds a lot tighter and crisper than the open back JC & Twin.

zoooombiex

Quote from: zoooombiex on February 08, 2011, 01:23:56 PM
howdy.  just joined this forum, but thought i'd weigh in.  i've been using my rhodes with a tweed bassman for a few years and it sounds excellent.  they have a good amount of headroom and a relatively balanced tone.  they aren't as scooped in the midrange as twins, so it's a different kind of sound.  but it sits well in the mix with a band.  (they're also a lot lighter than a twin!)

the later silverface bassmans also sound nice, but they break up much sooner and are also a little more scooped sounding.

just ran across my own post ...  I've actually switched to blonde bassmans &/or showmans over the past few months.  i use them with a hard truckers cab with 2x EVM 12L's.  The blonde bassman sits between the tweed and black/silverface versions.  It's not as grindy as the tweed, but not as scooped as the black/silver.  It's just a nice fat, dynamic sound.  the bassman gives more breakup, and the showman will stay cleaner if i need it.  I use modern versions of both made by Gomez.  Very good builds, and I don't have to worry about lugging around a vintage amp (the piano is enough for me ....)

the EV's were a recommendation from Steve Kimock.  They are a full-range PA kind of speaker, so they really carry the low end clearly.   the hard truckers cabs are also great for stage work - they are very non-directional, so you can pretty much put it anywhere and it will sound about the same.

the only problem is the weight.  the cab is a beast and the amp is not exactly lightweight either.  i'm considering going to a blonde bassman preamp and then something like a JBL eon. we'll see.

andi85

Quote from: andi85 on October 09, 2010, 06:13:30 AM
Also, I scratch-built an EV TL-806, a popular bass reflex design from the 1980s. Back then, it featured the EVM12, however, the Delta Pro 12 from Eminence is a good substitute and costs a couple of Euros less. Paired with a Dynacord HiFi Favorit II, a 85W German-made tube head from the late 1960s, it's a nice Rhodes amp. However, perhaps paired with a larger amp, I could also imagine it serving as a bass box. In turn, the Dynacord makes a nice Leslie amp for jazz purposes.
Although I haven't been using the TL-806 a lot, I'm pretty satisfied with the way it sounds – somehow a little "tighter" than an open-back cabinet in my opinion. Also, I've fallen in love with old Dynacord tube gear, so I added a Dynacord Eminent EMT and a Gigant I to my collection. Originally designed as powered mixers, I had intended them to be Leslie amps – and they're great at that – but they also make fabulous Rhodes amps. The little Eminent sounds fat and ballsy and can be driven into some overdrive – nice! The Gigant is, just as the name says, quite a monster at 180W tube power. Also, they all have multiple input for a second keyboard etc., although the preamps are not that great – early solid-state stuff ... :)

Anyway, G.A.S. hit me again and I sold some of my other stuff to get a nice 1980s Roland Jazz Chorus 120. It was the amp I tested my Rhodes with when I bought it and, although I have enough others options by now, I still wanted to get one. I wasn't disappointed: The thing is in great condition, came at a fair price and sounds just the way I remembered it. Some may complain about it not being "warm" enough – but I don't get the "warmth" business anyway ;) So I just enjoy the JC.

The Real MC

When I got my sparkletop rhodes, the preamp had been missing and the 1/4" jack goes straight to the harp.  The closest thing I had to a Fender Twin was my Selmer "croc-skin" Zodiac Twin Thirty, a 1963 british amp that is more prevalent in Europe than the US.  Selmer never had US distribution for the "croc-skin" amps - they do not even have a 120VAC selector for US (former owner had installed a 120VAC to 240VAC step up transformer).  This is a two channel amp and when I experimented with bridging them I got an amazing sound - fusion bark in one channel combined with a nice bell tone in the other, and I can control the balance.  Because the Selmer has a tube rectifier I can get a nice compression effect when I play hard.  The speakers are the famed Celestion alnicos (same speaker used in Vox AC30s) and their bright chimey tone helps the rhodes sound.  I've been trying other amps and preamps and have yet to duplicate this sound.  I love it!

andi85

I'm sure it sounds good, but it also wins the award for the ugliest Rhodes amp ever. SCNR :D

pianotuner steveo

I am surprised that I never posted to this thread...
I use a Mark II suitcase bottom with my piano but I have to use the 1/4" jacks on both. Sounds great though. Unusual combo since they are 2 different colors.
1960 Wurlitzer model 700 EP
1968 Gibson G101 Combo organ
1975 Rhodes Piano Bass
1979 Wurlitzer 206A EP
1980 Wurlitzer 270 Butterfly Grand
2009 73A Rhodes Mark 7
2009 Korg SV-1 73
2017 Yamaha P255
2020 Kawai CA99
....and a few guitars...

AFeastOfFriends

I currently run a jack out from the harp into a 1973 Twin Reverb, since my suitcase bottom is in the shop. However, once it gets out (and I get speakers for it) it'll be played through that.

I don't really like it going through the twin, because my normal channel is being extremely noisy all of the sudden (probably needs another service) and the vibrato can't handle the full sound of the Rhodes without distorting (and the vibrato distortion is bleh)
I think most my displeasure with it is the piano though, not the amp. I haven't voiced it all the way (just to playable) and I haven't really gotten to restoring the action parts yet.

mattia salvi

i have a roland jazz-chorus 77 for my rhodes mk2. very great sound.

The Real MC

I just learned a dirty little secret from the guitar discussion forums.

Ever wonder if Fender made a head-only version of the Twin Reverb?

They did.

The Dual Showman Reverb is the exact same chassis, circuit, transformer, and tubes of the Twin Reverb.  The schematics even match!

Note this is Dual Showman Reverb NOT Showman or Dual Showman

AFeastOfFriends

I believe Rick Wakeman used those, at least on his first couple solo albums.

And is it the blackface circuit or the silverface-era circuit?

The Real MC

Silverface.

The blackface are Showman or Dual Showman - they never made a blackface Dual Showman Reverb.

I checked the schematics last night - they are indeed identical.

pastorwayne

I play my Rhodes through a 1978 Twin Reverb. The one with master volume. It sounds amazing! The tube sound of the Twin really enhances the Rhodes. The tone is huge! I love the sound of the tremolo too. I bought them both from the same guy. So I think this Twin has also been used been used with this Rhodes. They are a great pair. Besides, I a guitarist as well so I can use my Twin with my Telecaster. Sweet! 

Clavier

Quote from: The Real MC on February 02, 2012, 06:58:56 PM
I just learned a dirty little secret from the guitar discussion forums.

Ever wonder if Fender made a head-only version of the Twin Reverb?

They did.

The Dual Showman Reverb is the exact same chassis, circuit, transformer, and tubes of the Twin Reverb.  The schematics even match!

Note this is Dual Showman Reverb NOT Showman or Dual Showman

Sweet. I will have to keep my eye out for this model. It would be nice to get more stereo separation than just the vibrato from the Twin Reverb or suitcase.
Keys: Rhodes Mk1 Suitcase, Sequential Circuits Prophet-5, Hammond RT-2

Amplification: Fender Twin Reverb, Leslie 45

yorgatron

Wurlitzer 206A, Hohner String Performer, Clavinet/Pianet Duo, C, D6, Elka X-55, RMI 300A Electra-Piano & Harpsichord, Korg MS-10 & MiniKorg, Arp Axxe & Omni I.
sold; Wurlitzer 200, Vox Jaguar, 4 different Fender/Rhodes Stage 73, Yamaha CP-35/SK-30 x 2, Elka Rhapsody 490, RMI 368X Electra-Piano & Harpsichord, Korg DW-8000, Baldwin Electropiano, Roland HS-60, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Roland Juno 6, Clavinet II, Moog Prodigy, Moog Opus 3, ARP Quartet.

JVC (Mark V)

Yorgatron:
That is huge! What are those (besides Fender PA100)?

yorgatron

Quote from: JVC (Mark V) on April 01, 2012, 09:50:21 AM
Yorgatron:
That is huge! What are those (besides Fender PA100)?

top is a Motion Sound Pro-3T, organ goes in there, then into channel 1 for the low rotor simulator.
I built the speaker cab myself, there's a 15" JBL D-130F and a 10" Jensen.
channel 4 on the amp has been "blackfaced" to make it more suitable for guitar, but clav sounds good there too. I wanted something with enough channels to plug in several keyboards and/or a bass or guitar.
Wurlitzer 206A, Hohner String Performer, Clavinet/Pianet Duo, C, D6, Elka X-55, RMI 300A Electra-Piano & Harpsichord, Korg MS-10 & MiniKorg, Arp Axxe & Omni I.
sold; Wurlitzer 200, Vox Jaguar, 4 different Fender/Rhodes Stage 73, Yamaha CP-35/SK-30 x 2, Elka Rhapsody 490, RMI 368X Electra-Piano & Harpsichord, Korg DW-8000, Baldwin Electropiano, Roland HS-60, Roland Alpha Juno 2, Roland Juno 6, Clavinet II, Moog Prodigy, Moog Opus 3, ARP Quartet.

The Real MC

Just scored a Fender Dual Showman Reverb last night.  It is a master volume mid-70s model.  I tried a guitar through it at the store (no rhodes piano handy) and it sounded really deep and clear, not the constipated icepick treble of a '68 Twin Reverb I tried a couple of months ago.  I haven't yet tried it with my rhodes but judging by the tone of the guitar it should sound sweet.

The Real MC

The verdict is in:

The Dual Showman Reverb - same electronics as the Twin Reverb - does get that classic Rhodes sound.  You need an external cabinet with period correct speakers.

This thing is a really clean specimen - it still has the original RCA tubes.  An old lady played it only on Sundays.

However I still prefer the color and punch of my Selmer Twin Thirty.

pastorwayne

mattia salvi

roland jazz-chorus 77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P64DKyVnq90

dry from 0 to 1.05 min. than the sound is processed by the harmonic clarifier and the chorus of the ampli.

Xk3smith

Quote from: mattia salvi on July 28, 2012, 05:54:46 PM
roland jazz-chorus 77

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P64DKyVnq90

dry from 0 to 1.05 min. than the sound is processed by the harmonic clarifier and the chorus of the ampli.

Nice sound.  Great playing too!!!

Black Pearl

Running my Mk1 Stage 88 into my '73 deluxe reverb for home use. Sounds great. Was thinking of building a dyno preamp for it but can't see how it would sound much better.

barjack

Depending on what I'm doing, I run my Rhodes (and Wurly, and Nord) through one of three amps- a Vox AC15 C1 with vintage 25w alnico, a 1970's silverface Twin Reverb, or a Yamaha G100-212 (which is an amazing value in a vintage solid state amp). I give my Rhodes a bit of grit using a Spaceman Aphelion Harmonic Drive pedal, which adds that really sensitive and dynamic overdrive so important to my perfect Rhodes sound.

Of course, the ideal end result will involve my MK1's suitcase re-loaded with speakers and both channels working perfectly, something I'm working on currently.

Skipettine

Hello Fellow Forum Member's!

I just got my first Rhodes, 1977 Fender Rhodes Mark 1 73, Now I have a behringer kx1200 that I was using with my korg krome, but I've heard that you want something a little different for the rhodes.

Here's what I've found on my local craigslist, and am thinking of purchasing.

Fender Twin Reverb 65 Reissue with cover and footswitch  - Perfect Shape - $700
Egnater Tweaker 112 15W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp - $300
Marshall 8240 Stereo with footswitch - Decent, some pots aren't in the best shape - $225
Peavey TransChorus 210 amp with footswitch and pedal - Used $150

To give you a little background, I also will be hopefully putting a chopped hammond a-100 through it, and also use clav and piano sounds in my gig's (although not sure what Im going to get for those). I also will be getting a novation synth to add bass synth lines.

I mainly will be playing the rhodes, and we play funk, jazz, and classic rock.

Pretty new to this whole thing, what do guy's recommend, thoughts/ideas/comments VERY much appreciated.

THANKS EVERYONE  ;D ;D

mvanmanen

Hi Skipettine,
Just to clarify, were you planning on running everything through the single amp (rhodes, hammond, synth bass, etc.)?
best,
Michael
Wurlitzer 200a
Wurlitzer 145
Fender Rhodes (1966, 1971, 1975)
Hohner Clavinet Pianet Duo
Hohner Clavinet D6s and C
Hohner Pianet T
Hohner Pianet N and Combo Pianet
Hammond B3

Student Rhodes

Quote from: Skipettine on May 30, 2013, 01:38:14 PM

Fender Twin Reverb 65 Reissue with cover and footswitch  - Perfect Shape - $700
Egnater Tweaker 112 15W 1x12 Tube Guitar Combo Amp - $300
Marshall 8240 Stereo with footswitch - Decent, some pots aren't in the best shape - $225
Peavey TransChorus 210 amp with footswitch and pedal - Used $150

I'd expect if you're gigging with a band, the Twin reissue would be your best bet.  I believe they're rated about 85 watts into a pair of 12"s.  Right there, you're going to have more headroom over a 15 watt Egnater, the 40 watt Marshall, or the Peavey, which is rated at 2x50 watts, but uses 10" speakers.

The chorus you get with some of the other amps is cool, but you can get that from a pedal, and it's unlikely you'd hear the "stereo" effect in a playing situation, unless you're also going into the board, which it sounds like you're not, or you'd not be asking about amps.

$700 for a used amp seems a little high for one of those reissues though.  Especially when you can get into a real Silverface twin for less than a grand, and gets you closer to 100 watts.

The Real MC

And the reissue Twin Reverb will distort sooner than a silverface amp.  The silverface amps are cleaner for Rhodes pianos.  Plenty of used SF Twin Reverbs around for a similar price.  I also recommend experimenting with different speakers if you are looking for a particular sound, speakers can make a world of difference.

AFeastOfFriends

I'd recommend a Silverface too. I have a '73 SF Twin and I really like it both for all my keys and guitar. The silverfaces are bit unpopular with guitarists compared to blackfaces, but I like the SF's bigger headroom and more cleanliness. And when I want some slight breaking up, without making my ears bleed too much, I use the master volume. I don't think using the MV for that is a popular opinion, but i'ts nice to get that sparkle without having to unload too much power.

Also SF's tend to be cheaper.

The Real MC

I have a Peterson preamp that I haven't installed in my sparkletop.  While the Dual Showman Reverb is a viable Twin Reverb in head form, it can't be used for the stereo tremolo on the preamp.  It also distorts more than I like when you approach stage volume.

Once again, guitar players prove to be an influence.  I have learned that the Tubeworks Mosvalve MV-962 is a desireable dual channel power amp amongst the guitar circles.

My brother has one.  A friend is selling one.

A quick google found the owners manual.  This thing puts out 80w per channel.  Hmmm, same power as the Peterson power amp in suitcase amps.

So I give my brother's Mosvalve a quick run through and it proves to be up to the task.  A little heavy on the upper mids, nothing that can't be corrected with the right speakers.  I have a variety of speaker cabinets that showed promising results.  The amp does give that color of power tubes when you push it, but the signal stays cleaner than the DSR.  I have a few other speakers that I will experiment for landing "that tone".

So I now have a power amp that is suitable for stereo tremolo of the suitcase.  All I need is someone to build me a new baffle for the player side, as I want cutouts for 12s not 10s on the original.

voltergeist

The Roland KC500 or KC550, with a 15 and a horn are great for Rhodes, imo.  Two of them would be a completely badass Satellite setup.

Personally, I think guitar amps are overrated for Rhodes- it just sounds like playing a bass through a guitar amp to me.  Granted, they have their place, but a full-range 15/horn keyboard amp like the KC-500 is much better for reproducing the bottom of the low notes and the high overtones, and is a far more faithful reproduction of the actual sound of the instrument.

If the guitar amp sound is what you're going for, great.  Otherwise, I'd recommend trying a Roland KC before spending a bunch of money on a Twin Reverb or whatever.   

Restored or Overhauled: '65 A-model Sparkletop, '78 Suitcase 73, early-'75 Satellite 88, '81 MkII Stage 73, two '77 Mk1 Stage 73's, '74 Mk1 Stage 73
In Progress: 1 '78 Suitcase (2nd one), '70 KMC - Customized w/ Peterson 4x12, '77 Wurli 270

Student Rhodes

Quote from: The Real MC on November 19, 2013, 02:37:25 AM

A quick google found the owners manual.  This thing puts out 80w per channel.  Hmmm, same power as the Peterson power amp in suitcase amps.

Is the Tubeworks Mosvalve MV-962  a tube amp?  If it is, and it puts out 80w per channel, it will obliterate a the output of a standard Suitcase.  I think the Suitcase is actually rated at 40 watts anyway, no?  It doesn't matter as 80 watts of real tube output will prove much louder than any comparable solid state amp.   

One of the drawbacks I have with the Peterson/Suitcase setup is how low the output is. Neither one of my suitcases is capable of even anything approaching a volume capable of discomfort, whereas even a 15 watt tube amp can rattle a room. 

My current project is a Suitcase that's going to have two 60 watt Dynaco Mk III power amps stuffed inside.   I expect that'll be louder than anything I'll ever need.

Ray

The Real MC

The Mosvalve is a solid state amp designed to emulate tubes.

I had the amp turned up halfway and it was not only very loud but the rhodes was still clean, cleaner than the Twin Reverb.

It puts out good high end.  I don't need low end because 1) the Raymacs on the low end waver in pitch so I don't play there often and 2) almost every situation I use the rhodes there is already a bass player.

The Peterson is 80w per side.  Suitcase pianos can get quite loud, I've played at least three of them.

bolero

I have an unltralinear super reverb 4x10 that sounds great

also a musicman RD112

I have a MK1 so I'd like to find an amp with panning trem options though. it looks like a JC120 is the only option for that?

EvanBingham

Bringing back an old topic...

Right now I'm running a single Roland KC-150 that I'm borrowing from work.  Sounds incredible.  Definitely too much sound for our small apartment and I don't gig.

Assuming I stick with Roland, does anyone have experience with KC60, 80, 110, or 220?  They have smaller speakers and I'm wondering if they can handle the bass of my 73.

Billthechief

Hi there,
newbie on this forum, I'm french and own a Fender Rhodes stage mk1 73, 1971. Quite glad with it !

My amp is at the moment a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe. It's ok, nice warm sound, but I'd prefer a 2x12 (just 1x12 in this combo). The Hot Rod is also a bit too loud (never up to 3/10). The reverb is ok, no more.
I'm looking for another solution, with tubes but way to play at home and for little gigs.

Ok to share with someone who'd like to know more about the Hot Rod.

EvanBingham

Just got my Roland KC-220 delivered today.  For the record, this amplifier is just for personal use and I don't plan on taking it out anywhere, but it's nice to have one that's portable in case I do need to take it out at some point.  30 watts isn't the loudest out there, but it definitely fills up our living room with sound.  The amp itself has chorus and reverb, so that saves me money not having to get that.  I do have the sound running through a stereo pulsar, but the speakers are so close together that it's difficult to discern left and right on the trem.  It's currently 380 on Sweetwater but I don't think they're releasing it to the public until early January.  Anyways if you're just playing at home for fun, I recommend this amp!

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/KC220?gclid=CjwKCAiAsejRBRB3EiwAZft7sMqpS9xy4mPH9SdB7e0LkJW-xcFCSP0epaoSf6ux77C5mpJ61yZfsxoCP_gQAvD_BwE

Julkey73

My Mk II lives through a Fender Deluxe Vintage Modified, and for gigs add a Roland Cube with a X-over J40R horn added from Henry's.
Boost and Trem' 'Moo' pedals are handy supports.
Rhodes companions over 40 years: 2 x Mk I S73's, 1 x 54
and for 7 years, a Mk II '73 plastikey.