Author Topic: Questions regarding my Fender Rhodes Eighty Eight  (Read 3101 times)

crabbj

Questions regarding my Fender Rhodes Eighty Eight
« on: September 27, 2004, 02:16:04 AM »
I have owned a Rhodes Eighty Eight for almost ten years, but have never really looked at the numbers under the harp until visiting the FAQ on this site. From what I found on the manufacturer's stamped plate, it is model number STAGL88 (the embossing is old, so the L is probably an E). The stamp above the plate has the numbers "2052," could this mean the 20th week of 1975, production day 2? Does that sound right? There is also a P/N number of 006625.

The keyboard has that input meant to go into the suitcase speaker, but this is definitely the Stage model. The pedal and rod were stolen a few years ago and there is one tine (bflat right below middle c) broken off. Other than that the keyboard has held up well. What is the demand like for these? In the early 90s they were available all over numerous consignment shops in Memphis, TN, for about $250-300.

Thanks,
Alex

[/url]

LOUCAS

88'S AGE
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 03:13:27 AM »
DEAR FRIEND,

YOU RIGHT ABOUT THE AGE 2052 ..THAT MEAN 20th WEEK OF 1975 THE 2nd DAY,BUT YOU CAN ALSO SEE IT IN ANOTHER TWO PLACES:
CHECK THE UPPER RIGHT SIDE OF THE PICK-UP RAIL AND ON THE WOOD YOU WILL SEE TWO DOUBLE DIGIT STAMPS..FOR EXAMPLE YOU CAN SEE THE 44 75 AND THIS WILL MEAN THAT THE PIANO WAS MADE ON 44th WEEK OF 1974 etc.
THE OTHER WAY IS TO TAKE OUT THE FIRST KEY (No1) ON YOUR LEFT OG THE PIANO AND TURN IT ..ON THE BUTTOM SIDE YOU WILL SEE MAYBE THE DATE THAT THE KEYS WERE READY FOR THE KEY BED.
NOW ABOUT YOUR 5-PIN OUT OUT : YOUR MODEL IS A STAGE ONE OF COURSE BUT YOUR OUTPUTS (WITH THE PROBABLY THREE KNOBS ,TREBLE-BASS,VIBRATO,VOLUME) WERE LIKE THIS BECAUSE THEY SUPPORT THE TWO EXTRA SATELITE SPEAKERS .
THIS WAS A COMMERCIAL MOVE THAT FENDER-RHODES DID AFTER 1973 FOR THOSE THAT THEY HAD STAGE MODELS BUT THEY WANTED A SUITCASE SOUND..
BEST REGARDS
LOUCAS

Anonymous

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 03:15:06 AM »
*** 44 74 MEANS 44th week of 1974..! please correct it.

loucas

« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2004, 03:17:54 AM »
i think the price is about 800$ for a well contitioned in USA.
Better chech on the E-bay site with the Fender Rhodes key word and you will see plenty of models and prices there.
Good luck

LOUCAS