News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

Hello Friends! (enthusiast collector here)

Started by dantone, February 21, 2007, 08:15:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dantone

Hello, I would like to introduce my self :D

My name is Dan Antone, and I am a musician/pianist from Finland.

First of all.. I like to apologize my poor english typing :lol:

I have been looking these sites for many years already, afterall, Im great enthusiastic of these rhodes and other electric pianos, I have for now, ten of these beasts :D  and more to come.. who knows.

I would like to know, if anybody knows, whats the deal whit these new rhodes pianos for now??  I have been looking the site for new rhodespiano, but there isn´t any significant news happening lately??  

many people here think that it isn´t coming out at all??  that maybe it is too big deal to make it really out for market?

If I looked correctly the sites, these pianos should be coming out now this february?  I´ve heard nothing yet? :lol:

Regards, Dan Antone from Finland.
FenderRhodes 88´ suitcase mark I  -73
Rhodes 73´ stage mark I  -75
Rhodes 73´ stage mark I "another one" -78
Wurlitzer 200. -73
Wurlitzer 200A
Wurlitzer 200B
Wurlitzer 206A
Clavinet D6
Clavinet D6 "another one"
Clavinet D6 "third one"
Clavinet I
Weltmeister Claviset
Yamaha CP-60M

Spookyman

Hello Dan. As i can see, there are some people from the north with many many electric pianos...but only with 2 hands  :lol:

Welcome here on The Rhodes Super Site !

It would be really kind from you if you could post some pics from your set-up !
Fender Rhodes Stage 1971
Fender Rhodes Suitcase 1973

taco

Hi Dantone,

If I m informed correctly there are only prototypes of the new Rhodes existing
today. There were rumors that production starts this fall.
So, the new Rhodes could probably be in the market by Jan/Feb 2008....

BTW: Great Collection of Rhodes & Wurlis (beside your CP-60 :cry: )

taco
MK II 1980

SchroderMusic

Wow that is a great collection of keys.  How does your CP-60 sound compared to the electric grands (CP-70, and 80)?  What kind of amplification do you use?
Hammmond M-3, Leslie 130
Yamaha CP-70b - EH SwitchBlade = Stereo Technics Equalizer - Realistic PA - Homemade Cabinet
Fender Rhodes Mark I

dantone

hi.  the cp-60 is really a very wonderful piece of work!!  I like to think that its the japanese strike back for rhodes :D  and its really beautyfully built :!:

the sound is.. well everybody can make them own opinion of that. :wink:

still.. the sound is really clear, and good. little weard if you listen to it first time. but Elton John, and Billy Joel for example used these a lot in the 80`s :D

this is what i copied from internet, some facts of the piano..

The Yamaha CP60M is an electroacoustic piano, which means it's a real piano (strings and hammers...) which has a piezzo pickup laying under the strings making it ideal for studio / recording work. It has two outputs, a built in 7 band EQ and a Tremolo effect which sound great, 2 EFX loops (in/out and MIDI out (and MIDI split)

The piano is sort of on the heavy side when it comes to lifting but has four wheels and two handles on each side that make it very easy for moving.

It's Great for writing/practicing and it's size makes it convenient for any size apartment or music room. (the keys actually fold in under the piano for super convenient storage)
Wurlitzer 200. -73
Wurlitzer 200A
Wurlitzer 200B
Wurlitzer 206A
Clavinet D6
Clavinet D6 "third one"
Clavinet I
Weltmeister Claviset
Yamaha CP-60M

nick

The CP60M is great - just like a 70 or 80 but with midi like the 70M and in a plastic, single piece, lightweight, upright casing.  I like to think of it as the Mark V of Yamaha CPs.

SchroderMusic

I have heard that the difference in the CP-70 and the 60 is that the 60's low strings and overall sound are not as big as the 70 and 80's the Yamaha CP-70 was built with a steinway in mind which is why the strings stretch from the top left of the harp to the bottom right it gives it a much bigger sound.  But I have wondered if with equalization alone you can get an equally big sound with a 60?  And I was also curious to how much lighter the 60 is?
Hammmond M-3, Leslie 130
Yamaha CP-70b - EH SwitchBlade = Stereo Technics Equalizer - Realistic PA - Homemade Cabinet
Fender Rhodes Mark I

nick

huh, that's interesting.  Ive never thought about that difference and, while I imagine it certainly effects the sound, the low end of the 60 sounds very much like the 70, though I've never heard the two side by side.  However, much like the 70s I've played the lowest keys, because they have only a single string, sound a bit, er, odd.  

As far as weight, there's some give and take.  Because its one piece, it is, as a whole, heavier than either single piece of a 70.  I dont know exactly how much it weighs but because of the very thin plastic casing I would say imagine the weight of the harp of a 70 plus a little bit.  Two people can lift it by the handles w/o any trouble.  My friend toured with one fairly easily and I was able to move mine up a very narrow and curved set of stairs without too much difficulty.

dantone

Hi. Does anybody know, where I would get the original "users guide" book for the Yamaha CP series?

Im now starting to re-adjust the whole piano, but it would be nice to have some kind of booklet for that..  or somewhere from the net, like here in supersite, where you can find all the info for adjusting rhodes pianos. :D

any ideas?  :D
Wurlitzer 200. -73
Wurlitzer 200A
Wurlitzer 200B
Wurlitzer 206A
Clavinet D6
Clavinet D6 "third one"
Clavinet I
Weltmeister Claviset
Yamaha CP-60M

dantone

Quote from: "nick"well I have this

http://download.yousendit.com/3A9910167768D683

but its pretty uselsss.

Well, thats more than nothing. :wink:   That´s pretty cool, couse i havent even seen that booklet never :lol:   Thank you for that.

And if anybody should have anything else, i would be quite happy.. :D
Wurlitzer 200. -73
Wurlitzer 200A
Wurlitzer 200B
Wurlitzer 206A
Clavinet D6
Clavinet D6 "third one"
Clavinet I
Weltmeister Claviset
Yamaha CP-60M

wup61

Moikka Dan,
Soita mullle. Mikko Palomäki 040 7500 305. JutellaanRhodes-tilanteesta.

Sorry others, I started to write Finnish... that you otkers  do not undesrtand...
The first batch ought to be available earliest in June 1st 08 the latest.

So, next summer earliest.
Back to my own new cellar studio after 25 years... With my Mk I.