Author Topic: Any love for my students?  (Read 3535 times)

Offline kapheaus

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
Any love for my students?
« on: August 31, 2007, 09:43:15 PM »

ended up with five of these - all in working condition except one with two sticky keys.

Offline The Duke Of Prunes

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2007, 03:01:58 AM »
They're beautiful. Where do you get them?

You plan on selling any or giving them to a student who doesn't have a Rhodes yet? :-D

Offline Pale

• Mark I
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2007, 01:24:54 PM »
Quote from: "Jimmywes"

You plan on selling any or giving them to a student who doesn't have a Rhodes yet? :-D

I don't have one. Honestly :D

:D
'80. Stage 73 Mk II

Offline The Duke Of Prunes

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2007, 02:54:26 PM »
I'm looking at my first Rhodes in a week. I've been trying to get a Rhodes since I've joined this forum. I'm moving to Boston in a few months and would love to have a Rhodes up there. :-D

Offline gunnar

• Mark I
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 06:35:11 AM »
Seeing these pictures reminds me how beautiful those student pianos are and it makes me wonder why the normal stage pianos have not got a similar stand? I love the color too...
1977 Rhodes Mark 1 73 stage
MicroKorg

Offline kapheaus

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 09:59:40 AM »

They're beautiful. Where do you get them?

The last picture is one that I found on ebay a couple months back that came out of a methodist church closet in eastern texas.   The four that share the same room for now came from a school surplus auction from a small community college in way upstate new york.   I had came across both at the same time and didnt expect to get all of them (well minus one - the college had a total of five.)  Have only had a couple days to inspect condition of the new four but will update you as to there condition when i get a handle on it.  
As for my plans on selling... still unsure.  They definitely are beasts to ship. It also kind of feels like breaking up a family with the four that came together (LOL).