News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Started by Zaki, December 02, 2004, 06:42:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zaki

As I normally don't bring a digital camera when rehearsing, these pictures have been taken with my cell-phone. I hope you can see what it is. The pictures are from the upper-right corner of the harp, with a few of the highest tonebars shown on the 2nd pic.

I really don't know much about electronics, but a long time ago I posted an issue about a MKI stage 88, which suffers from strange noises, when run directly through a mixer. I noticed that this "something" shown on the pictures (is it a capacitor, or something like that??) does not appear in any other Rhodes I've seen. Is this "thing" normal on a MKI 88 Stage? Is possible that this is causing the noise issues?

Whe had the cover off one day, while the Rhodes was amplified through the mixer. As one of my bandmates touched this thing a load BANG was heard from the PA. We left it as it was, but I'm getting quite curious, getting to know what it is.

Another picture where it is seen a little more in context:

loucas

DEAR ZAKI ,

THIS  IS NORMAL IN EVERY MARK 1 88 KEYS...( I HAVE TWO MARK I -  1974 & 1975  MODELS )IT IS CONNECTED TO THE PICK-UP RAIL AND IT IS MADE LIKE THIS TO ADJUST THE LOWER NOTES NOT TO BE SO "SHARP". IF A ELECTR. TECH SEE THEM HE CAN EXPLAIN YOU MORE...

BY THE WAY , HOW DID YOU MANAGE TO DOWNLOAD PHOTOS HERE..? I TRIED MANY TIMES BUT NOTHING.

LOUCAS

GREECE

Zaki

Make the lower notes less "sharp"? You mean sharp tuned or sharp sounding?

Pictures:
When you post a topic you see something called options under the selection of smileys. It says that html is off, BBCode is on... etc.
You need to use BBCode - a guide can be found by clicking on the link under Options. I used imageshack.us to upload the picture.

LOUCAS

DEAR ZAKI ,

THANKS FOR REPLY.

I MEAN THIS SCHEMATIC PREVENTS THE LOWER NOTES FROM BEING "SHARP" SOUNDING.
YOU CAN CHECK ON THE " E-BAY" FOR FENDER RHODES.THERE YOU CAN SEE SO MANY PHOTOS OF SELLING RHODES AND ALSO MANY INTERNAL RHODES PHOTOS.
YOU GOING TO LEARN A LOT THERE.
GOOD LUCK(  CHECK THIS SITE TO SEE MY RHODES :   http://img15.exs.cx/img15/3048/c0-RHODESMARK1.jpg )