Repairs, Maintenance & Upgrades > Preamps, Modifications & Upgrades

Installing a Reverb unit into a Suitcase?

(1/4) > >>

Ben Bove:
I primarily play on suitcase pianos, and therefore haven't used the twin reverb much with a stage piano.

I do like the sound of the reverb on the twin.  I have tried patching through a digital reverb unit through my suitcase effects loop, but the digital effects unit sounds terrible.  I'd like to have that vintage spring reverb sound.

Is there a way to install a vintage reverb unit from the twin, mounted inside the cabinet, patched into the suitcase circuit?

hageir:
IIRC the Twin reverb is spring, right?
the spring itself is really large AND when you kick the old amps (or home-organs that have a spring-reverb) the reverb makes a crazy sound (famous in the 60's)
so I'd guess the tines/hammers would interfere with it (make noises)

the springs are usually like this, quite big too:

hageir:
ps. I've got the EHX Holy Grail Plus pedal, it's very nice (haven't tried it with the Rhodes yet -I'm not back home)
but it's a pretty good and sweet reverb (kinda dark)

Ben Bove:
I was thinking this would be mounted into the suitcase bottom and patched in before the speaker output.

Any idea where that should go on a Peterson 4pin?

Mark II:
hi.
usually springs need a certain level@impedance. A tube with a transformator bringing it down impedance wise and after the spring an amplifier to bring level and impedance up again.
I have no idea how to connect that with a peterson amp.

good luck

Mark II

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version