Author Topic: Buying a new stage piano  (Read 2318 times)

Offline Ad

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
    • http://www.adamlewis.net
Buying a new stage piano
« on: September 28, 2008, 02:20:57 PM »
I'm looking for an electronic stage piano for under £1000, but as a Hammond player, I'm fairly unfamiliar with them.

Could anyone point me in the right dirction and suggest a couple of models (any that have a good Wurlitzer or Rhodes setting would be especially good)

Thanks.

Offline Loucas

• Mark I
    • View Profile
Buying a new stage piano
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2008, 03:04:32 PM »
ebay uk has always some sellers of Rhodes .

Offline Quatschmacher

• Sparkletop
    • View Profile
Buying a new stage piano
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2008, 08:01:52 AM »
If you really want a stage piano (as opposed to a real Rhodes or Wurlitzer) then check out a nord electro 2. I had the rack version which meant I could use whatever controller keyboard I wanted/felt comfortable with. The keyboard version of the Electro 2 has light touch keys like a Hammond, which is great for the B3 model, just not so great on the Rhodes patches.

I recently sold my rack version for £475 and have seen a few around that sort of price mark. The keyboard versions are a bit more expensive (depending on how many keys you want). Check the readers' ads at soundonsound.com for example (or post a wanted ad there). There are a couple listed there for sale now one 61 key (seems a bit pricey, I've seen them for £200 less) and one 73 key one.

The Nord Stage has expanded Rhodes patches which include the key off samples (dampers) but is probably out of your price range (unless you get lucky on a used one). There's one of these on soundonsound too though it's £1450 (but you could offer less).

Good luck.

Offline Ad

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
    • http://www.adamlewis.net
Buying a new stage piano
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2008, 09:54:41 AM »
Nice one Peter thanks for the info, really helpful!

Adam