Author Topic: Tuning Tools; Key-Pin Adjustment  (Read 3960 times)

Offline dnarkosis

  • Mark I
  • ****
  • Posts: 294
    • View Profile
Tuning Tools; Key-Pin Adjustment
« on: January 06, 2009, 10:20:39 AM »
For tuning (sliding the tine springs), any hardware store will have a "tack puller" for only a couple of dollars; you can also use any of a variety of hemostats/forceps (google "hemostat" or "curved hemostat"):

For turning your key pins instead of rebushing (to tighten or loosen the action), you can use a "key spacer" for regulating the key pins:
Normal key spacer:

Offset key spacer:

Available from:
Search "key spacer"
1979 Suitcase 73
1980 Stage 54