Author Topic: Riders on the Storm Solo Transcribed!  (Read 13797 times)

Offline muzik87

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
Riders on the Storm Solo Transcribed!
« on: March 04, 2009, 02:27:38 PM »
Hello!

Not sure if this is the right place to post, but I thought I would share this with you, if interested!  Basically, I always loved the tone and solo of keyboard solo off Riders on the Storm by the Doors.  For some reason I couldn't find the solo anywhere so I decided to sit down (on the computer) and transcribe it!  I've never done anything of the sort before, but I think its quite a good result... If anyone is interested, I would be more than happy to post it for you to learn!

Offline jeff da rhode

• Sparkletop
    • View Profile
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2009, 08:36:08 PM »
By all means.....post it.

Offline muzik87

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2009, 10:03:32 PM »
Alright, here they are... I'm open to all remarks!  The Keyboard Solo is my first ever transcription... took me a 2 days I believe, but two days well spent!  I also include the guitar solo, also transcribed, but that only took like less than an hour because it's pretty short and not too complex!  I mainly wanted to hear and write out the chords of the keys since Manzarek plays something different during the guitar solo.

http://sites.google.com/site/muzik87/Home/RidersOnTheStorm_KeyboardSolo.pdf?attredirects=0

http://sites.google.com/site/muzik87/Home/RiderOnTheStorm_guitarsolo2.pdf?attredirects=0

Please comment!

Thanks!

Offline jeff da rhode

• Sparkletop
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2009, 10:58:32 PM »
I'll certainly give this ago at some point.

Right now I'm all bent on Long Tall Sally and I generally obsess over only one song at a time.

Offline muzik87

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2009, 07:35:28 AM »
haha, I am pretty much the same... I like to learn one song, but very good and "feel" it.  I always find its somewhat easy to learn something, but theres a small lapse between playing notes and playing the song.  For this solo, I am almost dead on and its been a couple of months already

Offline watermelonman

• Pre-Piano
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2009, 07:51:10 AM »
I tried out your keyboard transcription last night and found it excellent!  Thanks very much for posting it.
Late '78 Mark I Stage 73
CP-70B
D6
Odyssey Mk 3