Repairs, Maintenance & Upgrades > Preamps, Modifications & Upgrades

Does the preamp/Vibrato work without the Suitcase amp?

(1/3) > >>

james:
A couple of companies out there sell "power up" boxes that power the effects and let you run the output to an amp or mixer. Normally these will only be compatible with the 5-pin DIN or XLR preamp connector (i.e. not the 4-pin version). If you don't care about the EQ and Vibrato, the piano will still work with a guitar or bass amp: run a 1/4" cable from the Accessory 1 jack on the front panel to the amp input, and you should get sound. If you have a 4-pin preamp without the Accessory jacks, you may need to remove the harp cover and run an RCA-to-1/4" cable direct from the pickup rail output to the amp.

erikesbjornsson:
I have one of those "power up" boxes - it works excellent, power to the preamp, then I get the signal out through a 5 pin din. Vibrato and EQ is really nice. However, I have a problem:
The output from my "power box" through 2 1/4" mono outputs. I have an adaptor which connects the 2 to a classic guitar cord, then I put it into my Roland JC. But the tremolo isn't there. Do I need 2 speakers – one for left and one for right? How can I get the tremolo (l-r-l-r-l-r) effect? the vibrato is there but not the tremolo.
I also have a quite powerful stereo and I am only playing at home anyway. Can I get the tremolo effect through that?
My rhodes is a mark II stage with preamp, made for the janus system. But obviously I don't have the janus sat speakers...
thanx in advance!

p.s. probably people will say: use the chorus effect on the JC120. well, it's not really the same thing..

jim:
yes you totally need two speakers. The effect relies on being stereo.

and i wont suggest you use the chorus on the amp.
i suggest you hook up two amps, one on your left, one on your right, light up a spliff and set the vibrato intensity up high. :mrgreen:

Rob A:

--- Quote from: "jim" ---and i wont suggest you use the chorus on the amp.
i suggest you hook up two amps, one on your left, one on your right, light up a spliff and set the vibrato intensity up high. :mrgreen:
--- End quote ---

And you can trust him, he's a doctor. I've seen his diploma personally.

erikesbjornsson:
ok,
thanks!
so I guess I'll throw out my JC. Do you recommend anything? It got to be the same model on both or the sound will be strange when panning...
And definitely I will light that spliff as it's on recommendation from a doctor..  :wink:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version