News:

Don't forget to read the forum rules.

Main Menu

A problem with new posts

Started by kramer, February 12, 2010, 06:41:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kramer

Hi,

Since there's no section dedicated to forum news and problems, I'm posting this here.

Here's the problem. When I enter the forum and there are new posts, I see a red sheet next to the title of the sub-forums and threads in wich there are new posts. However, when I'm finishing reading one of the threads with new posts and I come back to the sub-forum where that thread is, the other threads that have new posts don't have the "red sheet" icon any more, even though I haven't read them yet. This happens on the whole forum.

How can I solve this?

Thank you very much. :)

michaeltristan

are you using the "back" button on your browser to return to the forum? try to avoid that. I find that using the links above the forum like this one below is the best way to navigate through the forum.  So after viewing this message, and say I wanted to get back to the main forum, I would click the link on the left... or if I wanted to read other messages in the Fender Rhodes Electric Piano forum, I would click that link.

"Rhodes Super Site Forum Index -> The Fender Rhodes Electric Piano"

hope this helps

-michael
Mk 1 Stage>Fender PA 100>2x12 Celestion G12t75
Hohner Pianet>Musicman 210 Sixty-Five

kramer

Thanks, Michael, but that's what I'm doing.

michaeltristan

strange...  what browser are you using? have you tried another browser?  I personally use google chrome, but sometimes encounter problems with certain sites, and have to use firefox instead.

I would be curious to see if if you encounter the same problem while using another browser..... just throwin' it out there, just a guess.

-michael
Mk 1 Stage>Fender PA 100>2x12 Celestion G12t75
Hohner Pianet>Musicman 210 Sixty-Five

kramer

Thanks for the tip. I'm using Firefox 3.5.7, but I just updated to the 3.6 version. I didn't know there was a new one around. If the problem persists, I might try IE, Opera or the Google Chrome.

Thanks for the help. ;)

james

The red sheet/page markers are using your login cookie to track which messages you've read during the session that were posted since your last visit and are considered "new" for you.  If there is a problem, it is with the browser and how it is managing your cookies.  Firefox 2 was annoying for me in the past as well because it wasn't consistent in maintaining my login, so I guess v.3.5 hasn't exactly improved that much.  If you decide to try Google Chrome or another browser, please let me know if that is the fix.
Web Designer/Developer, Webmaster & Co-Creator
The Rhodes Super Site since 1996
1977 Mark I Stage 73 + Vintage Vibe Stereo Vibe