News:

Follow us on Twitter for important announcements and outage notices.

Main Menu

Leg braces

Started by cece, April 24, 2010, 09:40:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cece

Hi,

I have a Mark II since few months, and I never used its leg braces.

Now I decided to mount them but I have a problem: the leg brace mounted on the left tends to fall off the back leg. Thi is becuase it fits in to the back leg from its "front", so it slips off (differently than the leg brace mounted on the right, which fit into the back leg from the "back", and therefore it is firmly "anchored").

Basicaly, my two leg braces looks exactly the same. Is this correct? Or is it supposed to be a left and a right one? In these case I received "same side" legs.

Or am i making some mistake in mounting the leg braces?
Rhodes MK II Stage Seventy Three 1980
Crunch Master

chava

My leg braces are identical as well, and, judging from pictures I've seen, I believe this is correct.  The left brace is attached to the far side of the leg and the near side of the knob, opposite hand for the right brace.  Everything is cranked down good and tight, and the piano is rock solid.
Be sure you don't have the braces on upside down, as I did at first  :oops: . The short end attaches to the leg, and the long end fits around the brace knob.
1974 Suitcase 73
1977 Stage 73
1958 Hammond C3
1960 Hammond M3
2009 Korg SV-1 73

cece

Well, go to know the two braces look identical, and there is no right and left one.

Still, dont understand how to mount the left (looking at the keyboard) one.  :oops:
Rhodes MK II Stage Seventy Three 1980
Crunch Master

jim

are you tightening the leg around it?

the bottom section of the leg should screw in and out.