Nord Piano Library v5 launched

Started by Freddan, June 02, 2010, 05:29:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freddan

Today a completely new platform including 56 sounds is released for Nord owners download. Among the sounds some are brand new.

This forum might be interested in the two "Sparkletop" and "Bright Tines" epiano patches, that expands the "Electric Piano" library with a very dynamic and bright patch at one end to a rounder more -60's patch at the other. The first provided with extremely hard hammer tips and the other with completely new tear-drop felt-hammers.

The Nord Piano Library v5 sounds are compatible with the Nord Piano and the Nord Stage EX from OS version 6.02. You need to use v5.28 or better of the Nord Sound Manager. These updates are available for free in the Download area. The Nord Classic and the Electro 3 will get a necessary OS update scheduled for late June 2010 that will make these units compatible with the v5 piano sounds as well
http://www.nordkeyboards.com/main.asp?tm=Libraries&cllibr=Nord_Piano_Library_v5

Enjoy!
Frederik "Freddan" Adlers
Rhodes Supersite Lead Historian, Content Provider and Scandinavian Rhodes-Tech since 35 years.
Peacefreak Service Center, Gothenburg Sweden
www.freddan.biz

Spookyman

Yes...i have downloaded these new Rhodes samples.

The sparkletop is really amazing ! It's a real pleasure to play it on my Nord Stage !
Fender Rhodes Stage 1971
Fender Rhodes Suitcase 1973

Freddan

Thanx.

I'm very excited myself. It's a nice counterpoint to the hyper-80's "Bright Tines", and my ambition was to open and broaden the spectrum of the epiano-library for Nord.

Kind of like owning a Sparkletop, a MkI, a MkII and a MkV at the same time, and having them voiced differently for each song.

Now make some good music!
All the best,
Freddan
Rhodes Supersite Lead Historian, Content Provider and Scandinavian Rhodes-Tech since 35 years.
www.freddan.biz

Spookyman

Are you involved in the samples of the new E-Pianos from Nord ?

If yes...you really did a great job !

Like you said, with the EP Library from Nord, you can choose between a very wide palette from (Fender) Rhodes Piano from the 60's until to the 80's, and everything in very high quality !

The Korg SV-1 has only one sampled Rhodes
Fender Rhodes Stage 1971
Fender Rhodes Suitcase 1973

Freddan

Thank you!

I've done all the epianos since Electro 1
This time it felt great to have the lab all to myself for a whole month, and to finally get the opportunity to stretch the span of models.

I do not make the desicions on what to do next, but I'd love to check how a really good Dyno-My, and a Pre-Piano would come out.

Freddan
www.freddan.biz

martin

you should add a 'mordern' eg, 2009 electric piano sample, if you know what i mean.
'77 stage rhodes mark 1>'73 traynor ygl3a mark III>'60's selmer pa100sv>Wurly200a>Nord Stage Compact>hh ma100>1x12 fane twin cone speaker>smartlight pa>2xhz speakers>selmer pa100>Samson Auro D210 active pa cab

martin

also, i can't seem to get the sparkletop sound on my stage compact?
'77 stage rhodes mark 1>'73 traynor ygl3a mark III>'60's selmer pa100sv>Wurly200a>Nord Stage Compact>hh ma100>1x12 fane twin cone speaker>smartlight pa>2xhz speakers>selmer pa100>Samson Auro D210 active pa cab

Freddan

The sound of the Mark7 is very similar to the MkV, also there are serious issues with the rights, of course.
About technical questions, you should call or mail your distributor. I'm no expert on the Nord, just the epianos.
Good luck,
F
www.freddan.biz

martin

i formatted my stage last night and got the sparkle top going. sounded great on my gig. also the tac piano is fantastiCCC!!!!!!ß

filigroove

Sorry, just seen this old topic, but as a Nord Stage (and Rhodes) owner, I've a suggestion for you, mr Freddan (if you want  :) ) and for Clavia in order to enlarge the Nord Library.
I think a "classic Rhodes" sound (MkI/II) with something near ideal setting and pickups not so close to tines could be nice. Don't get me wrong, I really like the Suitcase sound (and the bright one) in the library, but sometimes I'd like to have a less "square wave" timbre (I mean the tone you have when the pickups are really close to the tines) and less overdrive at high dinamics, something near Stevie Wonder clean sound (but I could cite a lot of other musicians, been a quite standard tone).
I think this also is the reason why some musicians choose Yamaha Motif/S90, that I find good but a bit lifeless and I'm sure Nord could do it a lot better. ;)
Just an idea.
ciao