News:

Shipping now! "Classic Keys" book, a celebration of vintage keyboards  More...

Main Menu

Does anyone Have specs for satellite master &slave spea

Started by paulmulligan, June 29, 2010, 09:37:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulmulligan

Dear tech experts, does anyone have the specs for constructing satellite speakers and /or making the  power box  that connects to powered speakers to enable use of the preamp and stereo pulsing? My email address in Australia is paulmulligan2009@yahoo.com.au

Rob A

Check this out:
http://www.fenderrhodes.org/ch11/fig11-13.jpg

All you need is to provide the +25VDC that the preamp needs on pin 1, referenced to ground on pin 4, and then the two signals are the other two pins (also referenced to ground). If you have any electronics chops at all, this is a pretty easy build. Hardest part is sourcing the 4-pin DIN socket.

Mark II

Dear Paul.
there are 3 possilbilties:
    buy one
    build one from scratch
    build one with parts
for solution 1 I made suggestion in one of the other threads
for solution 2: if you have technical skills: this is what you need. If you dont have technical skills forget it and buy one.
for solution 3: you could search for a 25 Volts regulated PSU with at least 250 Milliampere. some laptop PSUs might fit, I found a PSU from a handdriller with these specs. Be creative and google a bit. If you found one we will provede the information to finish your PSU.

kind regards
Mark II
Rhodes Stage 73 Mark II 1980 / modified Peterson Suitcase Preamp

Tim Hodges

Mark II you forgot one other option, Paul completely forgot about it go through a normal amp and sell me the pre-amp ;-)

Just kidding!
Bristol Electric Piano
UK

Facebook
YouTube
Reverb.com

jim

Mark 11,
SNAP!
I've also used a drill power supply on a rhodes! :)

Mark II

hehehe Jim. :D
Well, actually it is still lying in my project box as the one I have built from scratch is working well.

regards
Mark II
Rhodes Stage 73 Mark II 1980 / modified Peterson Suitcase Preamp