Author Topic: wurli 206 super amazing build  (Read 1756 times)

Offline oliisfullysick

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
wurli 206 super amazing build
« on: August 01, 2010, 07:01:30 AM »
just got 2 wurli 206 student model pianos both in really good condition apart from faulty transistors in the amp (got the deluxe amp kit from vintage vibe in the mail to rebuild them) and a few sticky keys on one of them (whats the general solution for them? do you use lube on the key pins?)

im going to be selling one as a student model (once its working) and keeping the other, wasnt going to do much to it, but after i managed to score some leftover paint from my old man painting a rally car. i gave the top a coat, and am now going to do the full 206-200 conversion.
Throught id through it up here as who doesnt like a diy build with pretty pics?

when i got it

after a fresh coat of orange 2pak auto paint

as it didnt really match the brown/tan base, thought a bit of orange cloth would look a bit better, unfortunately not (its alot more red in person). So im going to rip it off the base and make my own sustain pedal and legs. have a few ideas in mind, anyone done this before?also will need to buy a electric piano faceplate, does anyone have any for sale?

also decided to make my rhodes match =]

and painted an old scratched PRS i had
73 key Rhodes Mk1
Wurlitzer 206
Vox Continental
Vox Super Continental
Hammond L-100
Moog Little Phatty
Roland Juno 106
Yamaha DX7

Offline jim

• Mark I
    • View Profile
    • http://www.myspace.com/cyberjimpatterson
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2010, 08:50:21 AM »
looks nice,
i reckon you should do the cheek blocks on the rhodes too, that will make it classy as.

Offline oliisfullysick

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 08:30:11 AM »
cheers,  prob leave the blocks alone, no paint left.

going to wait until if got the amp rebuilt and working before i decide which piano im going to keep. both are in reasonably similar condition, whichever plays better is the keeper.
73 key Rhodes Mk1
Wurlitzer 206
Vox Continental
Vox Super Continental
Hammond L-100
Moog Little Phatty
Roland Juno 106
Yamaha DX7