News:

Available now!.. "Down the Rhodes: The Fender Rhodes Story" (book & documentary) More...

Main Menu

Fender-Rhodes amp with variable metronome

Started by mariermoen, November 16, 2010, 05:13:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mariermoen

I recently acquired a Fender-Rhodes amp with a variable metronome and I can't find anything on the internet about it except for a reference in an eBay listing indicating it is from a Model 73 piano of which only a few exist.  The amp in this listing is exactly the one I have, and I couldn't find it anywhere else.  I looked for several hours online and finally came to this page.  Can someone please give me more information about it?  I have pasted the entire text from the eBay listing below, so you can see what I am referring to, and I attached a photo of my amp.  I couldn't figure out how to paste the photo from the eBay listing on this page so please go look at it on eBay because it is a very interesting looking piano.  IS MY AMP ONLY FOR THIS ONE TYPE OF PIANO OR ARE THERE OTHERS?  IS IT RARE?  CAN YOU GIVE ME ANY OTHER INFO?  Thank you for your time.

Here's the listing for eBay item 110576636909:

QuoteYou don 't need to wipe your eyes or look twice "it is affectionately called The" GREEN JETSONS STICKY" Rhodes 'Seventy-Three'!!!

Only a small handful of these ("SHAG" styled," 'The Jetsons' (1960's) space cartoon series,' FLIPPER-LEGED") electronic pianos were ever built.  This particular Fender Rhodes 'model-73' was contracted by the Fullerton University CA U.S.A. (for use in their music conservatory), to the local musical genius of 'Leo Fender' who's design-prowess was implemented, And so it was born this odd "so ugly it's cute" version of (the already famous staple of every band around the world) 'the late 60's to early 70's portable 'Fender Rhodes'!

The piano's physical style is transitional in-that it incorporates the fiberglass molded covering design of the late 60's Rhodes piano-bass, i.e. 'The Doors' (and other notable bands of that era, that where using Rhodes) while sporting the very early 70's "Shag-thing"!!!

This pale-Avacodo"Green colored 'centerpiece' is an extremely-beautiful and unique one-of-a-kind museum / collector's instrument...

The piano works impeccably and is in near 'perfect' physical condition.

This model 'SeventyThree' is equipped with:

·        A stationary: 120 V power cord.

·        On and off: control for Earphone or Live speaker.

·        An onboard: variable-speed metronome, with settings of: Largo 40 to Presto 208.

·        Metronome steps: Larghetto, Adagio, Andante, and Allegro.

·        Earphone jacks: 1/4" Main and Aux.

·        Output mode: A rocker switch for selecting Earphone, or Live-monitoring.

·        Mic input: (1/4" for unbalanced type mics).

·        Amplified: An 8" full-range round-speaker-type with bass-port.  Powered by an approx '10-15' watt solid-state amp-stage.

·         "Sounds really sweet" great for studio micing, and will keep up with a small combo in and of itself.

Closing: For the cheep price of most crappy baby grand pianos I have had more JOY and great versatility (not to mention the curb appeal, sound quality, jaw drops, and conversations) with this old Fender than with anything else! (And with its size fits most anywhere)  NOTE: (Of course a great grand piano is exactly that, and they are eggs and apples apart in their function and purpose thank you)! 

This electronic piano is truly an artist piece, at home in a studio, a living room, in a hip office setting, music conservatory, or record company-.etc!

NOTE:  They don't make these anymore; Guitar Center's don't carry them.  I have seen only a few in my lifetime and they were thrashed e.g.: broken tines, keys, blow amp systems, ripped and marred surfaces, missing parts, broken sustain pedals. And more. 

This piano is ALL ORIGINAL. Tines, keys, pedals, speaker, amp, knobs, trim, screws, metronome, everything, even the light fixture glows.

martin

'77 stage rhodes mark 1>'73 traynor ygl3a mark III>'60's selmer pa100sv>Wurly200a>Nord Stage Compact>hh ma100>1x12 fane twin cone speaker>smartlight pa>2xhz speakers>selmer pa100>Samson Auro D210 active pa cab

Rob A