News:

Don't forget to read the forum rules.

Main Menu

S90 ES or Motif ES8?

Started by coachdobbs, January 19, 2011, 04:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coachdobbs

I have kind of a dilemma. I am in the market for a nice used keyboard. I have really narrowed it down to a Yamaha S90 ES or a Yamaha Motif ES8. I remember playing the two keyboards in stores a while back and really like them both! I can remember really like the S90 though! I can get a REALLY sweet deal on a used Motif ES8 locally, but I hear for "players" the s90 ES is really hard to beat. From everything I have read/heard the S90 ES "3 layer S700 Grand" patch is just about second to none when it comes to piano patches on keyboards (yamaha's anyway). I dont really need to be able to sequence and multi-track on my keyboard, which leads me to this. How good is that piano "S700" patch compared to something on an ES8? Is there any way to sample it onto a motif? Also, I hear the two keyboards have different action, how different are we talking about?

Someone please chime in and enlighten me!
1978 Fender Rhodes Stage 73 (3978) 
Roland JC-120 
BBE Sonic Maximizer 
Boss CE-1 Chorus Ensemble/1982 Boss CE-2/1982 Ibanez CS-9
1978 EHX Small Stone/EHX Polyphase
MXR Analogman Dyna/Ross
1974 Thomas Organ Wah

martin

i'd check out thenew nord stage when it comes out in feb.
'77 stage rhodes mark 1>'73 traynor ygl3a mark III>'60's selmer pa100sv>Wurly200a>Nord Stage Compact>hh ma100>1x12 fane twin cone speaker>smartlight pa>2xhz speakers>selmer pa100>Samson Auro D210 active pa cab