Author Topic: For Sale:- Pair of Rhodes Janus 1 speakers/amp-Sydney Australia  (Read 3209 times)

Offline musomarc

• Fiesta Red
    • View Profile
For Sale:- Pair of Rhodes Janus 1 speakers/amp-Sydney Australia
« on: September 24, 2011, 09:14:31 PM »
Rhodes Janus 1 Vintage speaker amplifiers.
I have two Vintage Fender Rhodes speaker amps for sale either individually or together.
They were specifically designed for the (Fender) Rhodes electric pianos of the 1970’s.
They comprise 2 X 12” speakers in each cabinet with a stereo amp 100W in each cab to get the best sound from a Stage or Suitcase model Rhodes, or either with the stereo vibrato preamp installed.
 One box has had a speaker replaced with a new speaker. The amps also have 2 inputs ( jack) , 2 outputs (XLR) and can power the piano preamp via a 5 pin XLR plug. I have also modified the boxes to achieve a “bright speaker mod” as described by SPEAKEASY VINTAGE KEYBOARDS  in the USA to enhance the frequency respond and sound with 2 piezo tweeters to each box. This gives the Rhodes sound more clarity and better high frequency response for the ultimate 1970’s Rhodes sound.
Both speaker amp boxes are in great shape for vintage gear, fully tested, working and make any Rhodes piano  sound “magic” with the custom designed amp for that 1970’s Rhodes sound. These boxes have had home studio use for the last 20 years with my own Rhode stage piano with the vibrato pre-amp installed.
They are advertised on Ebay au:-
 http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/330617634279?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649
I have decided to reluctantly let them go as I have an overcrowded music studio.They can be tested with my Rhodes Stage 73.
Prefer to go to a "serious Rhodes lover"!! :) ::)
Price negotiable to a ep forum member!