News:

Shipping now! "Classic Keys" book, a celebration of vintage keyboards  More...

Main Menu

Looking for a pair of 32 ohm Fender Rhodes speakers

Started by AFeastOfFriends, November 13, 2011, 09:40:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFeastOfFriends

Hello, I'm looking for a pair of speakers to a Rhodes suitcase cabinet. Preferably the ones from around the early-mid seventies with the blue circle label that says "Fender Musical Instruments", before they changed to a different brand.

Send me a PM. Thanks.

bumpyrhode

Post a pic of your current speakers with the number code stamped
on the rim.

Fender used speakers from different manufacturers. I have a pair
of satellite speakers and one has Rolas from 1975 and the other
has Utahs from 1976. Both have the blue fender decal though. I
found a pair of Rolas which will replace the Utahs.

Better yet just, go to this site and check out the chart for speaker
codes.

http://www.svvintageamps.com/dating.php

AFeastOfFriends

Thanks for the link. I'd been to a site with a dating chart like that, but it wasn't as organized.

I don't have the pair with me yet, so I can't determine the exact date right now. The only code in the pictures is 008498, which is on both.
I do know that they're probably around '76-'77 though, as the guy I bought them from also had listed a 4-pin, non-Fender, Rhodes power supply pulled from the same cab.

Actually, I think they might be Pyles. One of the speakers has a 7 digit code next to the 008, but it's mostly covered by the blue label. The first 4 digits really look like 1098. I think they're from '77 too.

Either way, if you're looking to sell the Utahs, I'd be willing to buy. I don't think it'll make a huge difference in tone if two are Pyles and two are Utahs. And they're probably going to sound closer than a new pair mixed with the old pair would.