News:

Available now!.. "Down the Rhodes: The Fender Rhodes Story" (book & documentary) More...

Main Menu

diff´rent strokes

Started by agustin, July 19, 2005, 02:01:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

agustin

I ve reicently bought a Stage 73 Mark 1 and noticed a strange thing (I ve seen similar questions in this forum but i wanted to put it myself): the sound changes radically in the upper octaves, with a hard noise in the attack of the note (even heard through the amp) and without the classic rubber-distorted sensitivity of the central octaves (the division point is clear; a B note from the nearest upper octave of the central C octave..). I sometimes think that its just how the piano works, that´s why i ´m not calling a service man yet ( looking the hammer line with my chin on the keys i notice a little difference in heigh of those upper notes hammers compared with the rest).Thank you a lot.

agustin

jim

it's cause the hammer tips are different as you go up the keyboard. the rubber gets harder and then turns to wood wrapped in shrink wrap. you can customize the hammer tips however you like in order to eliminate the drastic change in sound.
is that what your talking about?