Hello from Retrolinear

Started by retro-mike, June 01, 2012, 03:33:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

retro-mike

Greetings EP forum members. Wasn't sure where to post the  "Hello I am the new guy" thread- figured this would be a good spot :)
Anyways. I'm working with Tim and the crew at retrolinear. Primarily I do the website and make vids and some other general whatnot.
We are in a growing state and have lots of cool products in the works! (stay tuned) its an exciting time! We recently released our new website and were trying to make some cool videos for everyones enjoyment featuring our work and products. 

check us out at>>> www.retrolinear.com
our youtube channel is located here>>> http://www.youtube.com/user/RetrolinearAudio?feature=mhee

Thanks!
Mike Norton
Retrolinear.inc

David Aubke

Hi Mike. The Retro Linear website is well done. Clean, logical and polished.

And, in reference to a recent thread, may I say Nice corners!
Dave Aubke
Shadetree Keys

retro-mike

Thanks for the nice words  8)
Corner and tolex finishing is tedious. The best results come through with good technique and surface preparation. Allot of re-tolexed instruments are done wrong, this specific rhodes was one of them, in the before video you can see they just used elmers glue or something like that on the edges to hold down the tolex or whatever it was... You have to strip the old tolex, sand the wood smooth, de-gunk it where necessary - then keep some tension when putting the new tolex on and use the proper adhesive to get the tolex flush with no air bubbles.. Then your corners seat nicely - it can be a time consuming process but it's worth it!

The  Rhodes with the nice corners can be seen in our 2 part before & after video series.

You can see & hear the difference. Here is the after vid
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgZFf6aqKug

and the before vid.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3km__JS9NZg

I've only been with Retrolinear a short amount of time and I'm primarily a guitarist, but after a few of these "before and after" situations ,the difference in sound is night and day. I have the Highest respect for Tim's ability to make a Rhodes sound its absolute best and he does it stock! no extra bells and whistles.... Voodoo magic heh..
The proof is in the pudding :)

Thanks again.
Mike Norton
Retrolinear.inc

pcmancini

Hello back at you Mike.  So glad Tim is starting to get the word out. He may be one of the best kept secrets in the vintage keyboard world, although hopefully not for long.  For any and every Rhodes enthusiast, Tim does great work.  I took an instrument in that could barley be called a keyboard, let alone a Rhodes and Tim gave me back an instrument worthy of any Rhodes player.

One thing, he DID promise me a t-shirt once he got his business up and running. (And I will gladly pay for it!)

Anyway, if you need Rhodes services (or Hammond, Wurly, etc.) check out Retrolinear and Tim.

Regards,
Paul
Paul
1975 Mark 1

musomarc

:)
Hi,
Great work and video.What an improvement in sound!
Keep up the great work and postings.
Regards
Musomarc

retro-mike

Quote from: pcmancini on June 08, 2012, 07:30:56 PM
Hello back at you Mike.  So glad Tim is starting to get the word out. He may be one of the best kept secrets in the vintage keyboard world, although hopefully not for long.  For any and every Rhodes enthusiast, Tim does great work.  I took an instrument in that could barley be called a keyboard, let alone a Rhodes and Tim gave me back an instrument worthy of any Rhodes player.

One thing, he DID promise me a t-shirt once he got his business up and running. (And I will gladly pay for it!)

Anyway, if you need Rhodes services (or Hammond, Wurly, etc.) check out Retrolinear and Tim.

Regards,
Paul

Hi Paul
We are working on the t-shirts!!! I have a few different versions in the works and we should have them soon along with some other Retrolinear swag :)
I'll also have some more videos done shortly it takes time between restoration then video editing everything together. Were doing a Hammond RT-3 repair before/after series & we also have a Red top wurlitzer in the shop at the moment which Tim did this "thing" to it, the redtop will have a video as well. It was a rare occasion, we had all 4 Wurli 200 colors in the shop last week! Black, Tan, Red & Green, usually its just black,tan, tan, tan, black, tan etc heh...
I had to take a moment to snap a few pics. The pics came out great, I'm going to size them in a bunch of resolutions so folks can use them as wall papers if they like!

Those were just a few of the shots I took. They came out great and there is a bunch more :D

Thanks for all the kind words

Mike
Retrolinear.inc