News:

Available now!.. "Down the Rhodes: The Fender Rhodes Story" (book & documentary) More...

Main Menu

WTD: Funky Rhodes player for collab/recording project. NYC suburbs or online.

Started by drums1225, October 22, 2012, 05:02:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drums1225

The title says it all (and I hope I'm not posting this in the wrong place) ... I'm looking to collaborate and record with a funky Rhodes player, in the vein of Herbie. I'm a working professional drummer, who also plays guitar and bass. Strongly influenced by Headhunters, James Brown, Stevie, etc... and can't get enough of any great funky Rhodes.

I have a home studio (furnished with a 1978 Mark I Stage 73) about 50 miles north of NYC, and was hoping to record some funky grooves with an authentic Rhodes player. If not in person, I'd love to collaborate online and create some great grooves and perhaps interpret some funk and jazz standards.

Anyone interested?

Chris
1978 Rhodes Mark I Stage 73 with Split Mod

Rob A

Sign me up for online collab man. I wanted to give everyone a shot at it before I spoke up, but I'm happy to do it.

drums1225

Rob,

Cool! Thanks for your interest! I've had a private reply and am in the process of working on a very funky tune with a Rhodes player from Paris. I'll contact you privately and let's do this!

Best,
Chris

drcarver

If Rob isn't available, I'm starting up an online session business in the next couple of months (finishing up another big project right now).  Gimme a shout.  I can probably work it in.  Here's a little sample of my Rhodes.

http://vimeo.com/20411576

-Chris

drums1225

Hey All,

Sorry I've been out of the loop for several days, but just got power back after Hurricane Sandy. Fortunately, the power outage was the extent of impact we personally experienced from the storm. Counting our blessings...

Chris, thanks for your interest and the link to your playing. Very nice, indeed! I really dug the combo of the Rhodes and the MiniMoog. Definitely interested in throwing down some grooves. I'll contact you privately.

Best,
Chris

drums1225

Rob and Chris,

I've contacted you both privately, but haven't heard back. Wondering if you've rec'd my messages. Please let me know.

Thanks,
Chris