Hammers forming a straight line

Started by askeb, May 22, 2004, 07:59:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

askeb

Hi there...

My hammers are not forming a straight line...
It looks a little bit like this:

How do I adjust the hammer height and maybe the key height?

Regards,
Aske

cfdrumr

my 73 key stage does the same thing!

BackRoomSounds

It looks like you have a bank of hammers removed from the piano there?

They aint ever guna form a straight line if so. They just arn't made with that in mind I guess. They should sit better than this in the piano but again they want be spot on and I dont think there is a measurable benifit to try and get them perfect.

In fact you might even find that adjusting key heights to get the hammers level could leave you with actual key heights that dont match each other. Once in place the eveness off the hammer line can depend on a few things

1. The felt strip that  the back of the key rests on is warn in places
2. The back of the key has damage
3. The felt on the key pedestal  (be it fitted to the hammer or key ped) is warn
4. The dimension of the key / key peds arent perfect
5. You have some key height issues
the list goes on.

Pianokeys

Where might I find a diagram like this for a wurlitzer 120 or 140?

Quote from: "BackRoomSounds"It looks like you have a bank of hammers removed from the piano there?

They aint ever guna form a straight line if so. They just arn't made with that in mind I guess. They should sit better than this in the piano but again they want be spot on and I dont think there is a measurable benifit to try and get them perfect.

In fact you might even find that adjusting key heights to get the hammers level could leave you with actual key heights that dont match each other. Once in place the eveness off the hammer line can depend on a few things

1. The felt strip that  the back of the key rests on is warn in places
2. The back of the key has damage
3. The felt on the key pedestal  (be it fitted to the hammer or key ped) is warn
4. The dimension of the key / key peds arent perfect
5. You have some key height issues
the list goes on.